Chapter 8

Peter's P.O.V.:

I woke up the next day with a huge smile on my face. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair back, washed my face and got dressed. I headed to the kitchen, feeling as if I was floating on a cloud. "Morning Peter." May said, scrambling some eggs.

"Morning May," A big dopey grin still plastered on my face.

"And what's got you in such a great mood?" She asked.

Shrugged my shoulders, still smiling.

She softly smiled, handing me a plate of eggs. I ate them, taking off out the door after saying goodbye.

I walked over to Y/n's house to walk her to school. Well I say I walked, but in reality, I ran. I couldn't wait to see her again.

I knocked on the door and after a few seconds, Mr. Stark answered it. "Parker? What're you doing here?"

"I wanted to walk Y/n to school. Did she already leave?"

"No, she's just upstairs." He turned around and yelled, "Y/n, it's for you!" He turned back to me. "So why did you want to walk my daughter to school?"

I blinked. "Because she's my girlfriend?"

His eyes widened. Oh shit what did I just do? "Y/n! Get down here right now!"

I heard a door close upstairs. "Geez Dad, what is it!?" Y/n turned the corner and started walking down the stairs. Then she looked at me. My heart did loops in my chest for a second before she turned to look at her dad.

"You have a boyfriend!?"

"Shit." I heard her say under her breath. "Hey Peter. Umm, I'll meet you at school, okay?"

"Okay." I said, glancing between her and Mr. Stark before leaving. I didn't know she hadn't told her dad yet. Shit.

Y/n's POV:

My dad glared at me as the front door closed. "Dad-"

"You're dating Peter?!"

"Yeah, but-"

"I told you that you weren't allowed dating!"

I stared at my feet. "I know. But I really like him, Dad-"

"I don't care!" He yelled even louder and I flinched back. His face immediately softened. He pinched the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry, honey. I just want you to stay safe. And I guess Peter is better than the other options."

I looked up hopefully.

"Fine. You can date him. Now get to school before you're late."

I beamed, hugging my dad tightly. "Thanks dad. Love you."

"I love you too."

I grabbed my backpack and headed to school. Today I wore a graphic tee along with distressed ripped jeans with fishnets underneath, my combat boots, a long winged liner, my hair straightened, and a couple silver chains around my neck. I walked across the football field and into the school, delighted to see Peter waiting for my by our lockers.

He wrapped me up in a hug and said, "I am so sorry, I thought you had already told your dad."

"Don't worry it's all good now." I smiled up at him, the fabric of his sweater soft under my hands.

"Good." He grinned back. "Also, I don't know why you wear that makeup everyday. You don't need it."

I smiled at him. If only him saying that made all my insecurities go away.

"Thanks Peter." I blushed.

He slid his hand into mine as we walked to class.

...

All throughout the day, I heard chatter about a party at Liz's house after school. Of course, I'd never been to a house party and I assumed Peter hadn't either, so at lunch I said, "We should go to Liz's party."

"There's a party?" He asked, taking another forkful of salad.

"Yeah. We should go."

He nodded, smiling.

"Meet there?"

"Whatever works for you." He smiled. And that smile- even though I'd seen it about a hundred times by now, it still made my heart flutter.

...

I walked home, decided to get lunch there instead of the bodega today. I'd meet Peter at the party at 9 and probably leave at around 11. So I got home, got some food, put on some music, and got ready. I took a bath and blow dried my hair before curling it. I got dressed in a two piece black leather set. The top was shoulder-less and left about an inch between it and the leather skirt, similar to the one I had worn on the first day of school. I put on some lashes, redoing my makeup. Along with the usual, I did a smokey eye and a coat of clear glittery lip gloss. I slid on some black heels, a delicate x-wing necklace I knew Peter would like and a pair of medium silver hoop earrings. I ate dinner and did all the finishing touches before getting into the car.

Peter's POV:

My class without Y/n was gym. And while in that class, Ned put me in the worst situation imaginable. Long story short, they wanted Spider-man to make an appearance. And what did I do? Exactly what I shouldn't have.

So there I was at around nine o'clock, crouched on a rooftop in my super suit. What was I doing here? I saw a black Audi pull up to the house and Y/n got out. Proof of her prolific training, she surveyed her surroundings as she got out. And sure enough, she saw me. "Peter?"

I hopped off the roof as she ran over to where I had landed. "What are you doing? Why are you on a random rooftop?"

"Well when you put it like that-" I started, about to explain what had happened in gym earlier when Y/n said,

"I should have known." A look of resentment glistened in her eyes.

"Should have known what?"

"That the only reason any of this happened is because of my dad."

I blinked, confused. "I'm not following."

"There's only one reason you could be in your suit on a rooftop watching me. My dad told you to."

"What?!" It felt like a punch to the gut. "No! That's not true! That's not it at all!"

"It makes complete sense. It's definitely something he would do. And I actually thought you liked me." She turned to walk away.

"I do. Y/n, I really like you. And he never told me to! I would never lie to you like that!"

"Then why are you in your suit at a party, on a roof." Not a question, but a demand.

"Because Ned said a bunch of stuff in gym class! I'm just trying to fit in here! It may not seem like it, but not everything is about you!"

She flinched back, tears welling up in her eyes and I knew instantly I crossed a line. I reached out a hand to hold her and apologize, but she pulled away. "Y/n- I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Just go." Her voice was wobbly and the tears in her eyes seeped into her voice.

"Y/n I-"

"Just go!" She yelled, a black orb flickering around her, almost as if she was trying to control it but couldn't. I nodded, swinging away, leaving only the light from the street lamps to comfort her.

What have I done.