Chapter 24

Later that day, there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said as my dad walked in. I paused the music I had playing. He had a concerned expression on his face, his eye brows scrunched together.

"You got a sec?"

"Sure."

"Well," he put a hand in the pocket of his jeans, "Avengers tower is almost completely cleaned out which means..."

"We have to go soon." I completed his sentence. My face grew dark as I understood what he meant. "How long do I have?"

"A week."

My breath hitched.

Peter-

"Y/n, I'm sorry, but it's what's best for us. It makes the most sense."

I shook my head, standing up. I pushed my dad out of my room, slamming the door behind him. I walked, my feet as heavy as cinder blocks, to my bed, lying down with my arms around me as tears started rolling down my face.

There was a meek knock at my door before Peter walked in. "Your dad just told me."

I started sobbing as he rushed over to me, pulling me into his arms. I felt his chest start to shake against my back as one of his tears dropped onto my head. He stroked my hair as we lay there.

"Do you remember that night on the plane?" He said quietly.

"Yeah."

"You fell asleep on my shoulder." He laughed. I was going to miss his laugh. "And then when you kissed me?"

"I remember that."

"I wanted to kiss you so badly; tell you it was okay; stop you from leaving." He gently grabbed my hand.

Another tear rolled down my cheek. He planted a series of kisses on my temple, reminding me that for the moment, he was still here. "You mean so much to me, baby. And I'm gonna stay with you as long as I can."

I said nothing as he kissed my jaw.

I fell asleep eventually, Peter's arms still around me.

"Y/n!" I heard Peter's voice calling me, but I couldn't see him. I was standing in the middle of a landscape, sand beneath my feet. Wherever I was- it didn't look like earth. The sky was an ominous orange and mountains stood around me. "Y/n!" I heard again.

"Peter!" I called, running forward, though I didn't know where I was, let alone where I was going. I started climbing up one of the mountains, reaching a cliff. On the ground below was a circle and a pattern inside it. Two pillars were on either side of me as I approached the edge. I felt hands on my back push me and suddenly I was falling through the air. I turned as the ground hurtles towards to me to see Peter walk away from the edge I just fell from.

I woke up in a sweat, breathing heavily. Peter was still beside me, sleeping softly. I slowly got up, walking over to the window. I looked at the almost full moon, wondering what my dream meant. I went back to bed, waiting for sleep to take me again.

I woke up the next morning with the sun streaming through my windows. I went to grab Peter's hand, but he wasn't there. I turned around, realizing I was the only one in the bed. I sighed, sitting up. I got changed, heading downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen, smiling as I saw Peter. His back was to me as he lifted pancakes onto a plate. "Morning." He said, his back still to me.

"Morning." I walked over to the table where Peter brought over two plates of pancakes. He kissed me as he sat down.

"Your dad found a way to get us out of school all week so what do you want to do today?"

"Whatever you want to do. I just want to spend time with you." Did I mention my dream? No. I didn't want him to worry.

"Well you still haven't seen all of New York yet." He was right. I haven't really seen much of New York since I've been here.

"Then you'll have to show me around." I smiled, taking a bite of a pancake.

So that's what we did. We spent the whole day exploring New York City. We went to Times Square, Coney Island, and everywhere in between. We got cupcakes, donuts, churros, and so much more food everywhere. We spent hours on the subway, making a bucket list of things to do before I left.

And although my dad thought I was onboard with moving, I was still trying to find a way out.