Chapter 5

Peter's P.O.V.:

I watched as Y/n walked down the hallway, her hair gently swinging. I saw Flash walk by her, looking back to stare at her-

I felt a sudden swell of rage and almost ran over to punch him in the face, but I was Peter Parker right now, not Spider-Man. Peter Parker was an outsider who tried never to make a scene. And that was the way it should stay.

"She's really pretty, right?" Ned said.

"Yeah. Yes she is." I said, my rage going away as I watched her walk out the double doors of the school.

"So, anyways, I was thinking that tonight we could go to the comic store and pick out a few copies. I think they have the new editions for Deadpool."

"Oh, uh, I can't tonight. I have the Stark internship." I said, closing my locker.

"Right. Okay, well see you tomorrow."

"Bye Ned." He walked in the opposite direction as me as I left the building. Maybe today I could get some Spider-Man time in. I walked quickly to Mr. Delmar's bodega, the bell ringing as I entered. "Hey! Mr. Parker." Mr. Delmar greeted me and Murphey, the cat, sat up.

"Hey! Can I get a number five with pickles and can you squish it down real flat? Thanks."

"You got it, boss." The man behind the counter replied.

"So, what's up? How's school?"

"It's boring. I got better things to do."

"Stay in school, kid. Or you'll end up like me."

"What do you mean? I love it here." I said and Mr. Delmar laughed as I walked around the bodega. I pet Murphey who purred loudly as I picked up my sandwich. The door chimed again, none other than Y/n Stark entering.

I felt my heart quicken and my chest tighten.

"Hey Peter!" She said, smiling when she saw me.

"Hey!" I said as she walked over to where I was at the counter. She took out her earbuds.

"I don't really know where anything here is so I found this place and decided I should probably get some food."

"Well this place has the best sandwiches in Queens, so you're in the right place."

"Good to know." She laughed, her smile sending butterflies through my body. "Any suggestions on what I should get?"

"Umm, I normally get a number five."

She looked up at the menu display, then asked Mr. Delmar for a number five. She looked in her bag for money, and Mr. Delmar looked between her and me, his gaze finally resting on me. He raised his eyebrows. I shook my head discreetly as Y/n paid for her sandwich and it was handed to her.

"Thanks." She said as she went to leave.

"Bye Mr. Delmar." I said as we exited the store and he waved back.

"So what is there to do around here?" Y/n asked, opening her sandwich and taking a bite.

"I don't really know to be honest. I don't do a lot out."

She nodded, taking another bite of the sandwich. "Okay, this is freaking amazing." She said as we walked along the sidewalk to nowhere in particular.

I laughed as we turned a corner. I guess I wouldn't be Spider-Man today, but Peter Parker seemed better at the moment.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Ummm, I don't really know."

"Well, umm, we could go to my place and watch Star Wars again or something?"

She turned to look at me. "I will always chose Star Wars over 'or something'." Why was it that the perfect girl was one who would never want me? I mean- she could have the whole world if she asked for it. Her dad was a billionaire for crying out loud. There would be no possible way she'd want to date me, a kid with no parents who lives in a small Queens apartment.

"Let's go then." I smiled, sadness lacing my voice as we headed in the direction of my apartment.

We rode the elevator up to the seventh floor and walked into my apartment. May was in the kitchen, making dinner.

"Hey Peter." She said, then turned around and saw Y/n.

"Hey Ms. Parker." She smiled.

"Hey. Weren't you the girl here with Tony Stark?"

"Yeah. I also got accepted into the Stark internship."

"Cool."

"We were just going to watch a movie on my laptop, so we'll see you soon." I said as Y/n followed me towards my room.

"Okay, I'm just making dinner. Y/n, you're welcome to stay to eat."

"Thanks Ms. Parker, that would be great!"

"Fantastic, well, have fun." She said as we walked into my room and closed the door halfway.

Y/n's POV:

I sat down on the bottom bunk of Peter's bed as he grabbed his laptop from his desk. "Does she know? About the- spider thing?" I asked.

"No I haven't told her yet." He said, bringing over the laptop from his desk. I lay down on my stomach, sliding over as Peter lay down next to me, setting up the movie and placing the laptop in front of us. We watched Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, in almost complete silence. He was focused on the movie and had his jaw clenched, his already perfect jawline becoming even more perfect. I studied the angles of his face, thinking about what dating him would be like. I imagined us walking to school together; holding hands; kissing outside in the dark-

I diverted my eyes back to the movie.