Chapter 4

My alarm went off and I sat up in bed. The sun shone brightly through my window and I yawned. It was almost like a cheesy teen movie. I was both disgusted and excited at the same time. I got out of bed, the music from my alarm playing loudly. Once more, I danced around my room, getting into a pair of ripped blue jeans. I slid on my shoes, a crop top, and a simple necklace with a pendant. I put on an earring cuff along with a different four silver and black rings. I did a quick winged liner and I curled my hair. I brushed on some mascara, sprayed my favorite Bath and Body Works scent, and grabbed my bag.

I flew down the stairs, towards the door, passing both my dad and Pepper.

"Y/n, breakfast?!" Pepper called as I slid into my leather jacket.

"I'll get something on the way." I called.

"Okay. Have a good day!" She called back.

"Love you!" My dad shouted.

"Love you, bye!" I rushed out the door and to the subway station. I took two trains before getting out and onto the bustling streets of New York City.

I stopped at a nearby cafe, grabbing a coffee and a croissant before hopping on a cable car. I hopped off again at my stop, my earbuds in, music drowning out the city around me. I walked across the side of the football field, a few of the boys practicing, stopping to stare at me as I passed. I tensed, keeping my head down.

I walked up the stairs, pushing through the heavy double doors. I walked through the halls, looking down at my phone to double check my locker number. I continued walking, trying to ignore the eyes on me, watching my every step. I walked past a few of the cheerleaders who laughed and one of the jocks who whistled as I hurried by. I finally got to my locker, spinning in the combination.

I opened it, putting in my bag and taking out my binder, pencil case, and textbook for my first class: English. I closed my locker to see Peter at the one next to me. "Peter?"

He looked up, startled, then he looked at me. "Oh hey, Y/n! I didn't know you went here."

"I didn't until today. I'm starting. And, umm, by the way-"

"Don't worry I haven't told anyone about the Stark thing and I wont." He said, keeping his voice down.

I smiled softly, nodding, "Thanks." He smiled too and my chest suddenly filled with butterflies as I looked into those chocolate eyes.

Peter looked to his right, tensing as he saw someone he recognized. "Hey Penis Parker." The guy passing smirked.

Peter sighed, turning back to his locker. I looked back at him. "Who's that?"

"Flash Thompson." Peter sighed.

"Do you want me to punch him? Cause I gladly will."

"No, don't worry about it, it's fine." He said, a small smile still on his lips. "What class do you have?"

"English in room 247." I read off my phone.

"Me too."

"Cool." We walked in silence to class, my cheeks growing slightly red. I hoped he wouldn't notice. We sat down at desks next to each other, sitting in awkward silence until the class filled and the teacher entered.

...

As it turned out, we had all our classes together except one. We talked a bit and I got to know him better. I knew his favorite movie was Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, he liked the band Ramones, and he hated calculus.

We went back to our lockers at the end of the day, putting back our textbooks. I looked behind me, to see a guy coming towards us. I think he was walking toward Peter, but when he saw me next to him, he slowed down a bit. He casually did a pit sniff and grabbed a mint out of his bag.

"Hey Peter." He said as he approached.

"Hey. Y/n, this is Ned. Ned, this is Y/n."

"Hi." I said, smiling.

"Hey." He said.

"Anyways, I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Sure!" Peter said as I started to leave. I waved, walking back out of the school, the number of eyes on me only increasing.

Maybe I should've just stayed home...