Chapter 22

Peter's POV:

She was gone for days. She could've been dead. What if he tortured her? What if I never find her?

I had already searched through the city and there was no sign of her anywhere. That being said, I couldn't search that well without a suit. I paced around my room, sitting down at my desk. I needed a way to help her.

And then I remembered. Holy shit Peter you're a fucking idiot. I had kept my mask. I hastily opened the bottom drawer of my desk, pulling my mask on. "Karen?"

"Yes Peter?"

Thank god. "I need to figure out where Y/n was taken. Is there a way to do that?" I clicked a pen anxiously.

"Would you like me to review the footage from the last fight you had?"

"Wait... you can do that? There's footage?"

"I record everything you see. It's called the baby monitor protocol."

"Of course it is." I threw the pen at the wall, creating a hole.

I saw the events of the day she was taken play. "Pause it." I said, the video stopping. "Can you run facial recognition on that guy, Karen?"

"One file has been found. Owen Aadams, age 16. Any further information is classified."

As expected, I was unable to access the rest of the file. "Can you identify that symbol on his chest?"

"It appears to be the Hydra logo."

"Hydra? What is that?" A barrage of information, videos, articles, and pictures came up.

"Hydra was an organization formed in the Second World War, lead by the red skull. They were the organization that Captain America defeated. Then, in 2014, we discovered they infiltrated Shield and he defeated them again, but they appear to have returned. There are no known records of their current location."

"Search for any possible locations."

"This could take some time. Do you wish to-"

"Yes."

"Searching."

Y/n's POV:

Steve was untied and pushing rocks away. Although, he wasn't making much progress. "Really Steve? You're Captain America and you can't push away a pile of rocks?"

"I'm sorry Y/n, I have been starved for days and I am exhausted, but I am trying."

I pinched my brow. "I know, I'm sorry. I'm just- I need to get out of here. I have to get back to Peter. And my dad."

"Who's Peter?"

"He's Spider-Man. I'm dating him."

"You got a boyfriend?"

"Well you don't have to sound so surprised about it."

He laughed, then winced, holding his side.

I stared at the pile of rocks, trying to find a way out. There was no way I was going to be able to lift them and I had depleted my powers. It could be hours before they refilled again.

But then, there was a small movement in the pile. Another. I cautiously walked towards the rocks and yelled, "Hello?"

"Y/n?"

"Peter!" I yelled, running to the pile.

"Thank god you're alive!"

"How did you find us?"

"Us?"

"Cap and I are trapped in here."

"Cap? As in- Captain America?"

"Yeah. But he's injured. And I've already depleted my powers. We can't move the rocks."

"I got it."

A few minutes later, all the rocks rolled away, revealing Peter. I ran to him, his warm arms wrapping around me. "I missed you so fucking much."

"Missed you more." He said, kissing the top of my head.

"Thanks kid." Cap said, shaking Peter's hand. He nodded, then remembered we were still in enemy territory.

"How did you get here?" I asked as we stepped over the bodies of the guards I took down earlier.

"I convinced Mr. Barton to help me and he flew the quin jet here after I tracked your location."

"But where's your suit?"

"Oh. Umm, your dad kinda took it.

"What!? Why?"

"Because I let you get captured. Y/n, I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to-"

"Peter, nothing that happened was your fault. I'll talk to my dad, okay?"

"Okay." He smiled, kissing my temple as we followed Steve through the hallway.

"My dad got separated somewhere. We have to find him."

"Got it." Steve said up ahead. The hallway split into two passages. Steve turned to me and said, "I'll take the left, you two take the right."

"But you're injured. You shouldn't go alone." I objected.

"Y/n, it's fine. I'll be fine."

I nodded as he ran off and Peter and I started walking down the right hallway, our footsteps seemingly becoming louder in the growing silence. The flickering light bulbs on the ceiling were five meters apart, leaving sections in the dark.

Then, I heard more footsteps coming from in front of me. "Who's there!?"

"Just me!" My dad replied. I ran up to him as soon as he stepped into the light and gave him a huge hug.

"Did you find him?"

"Yeah, but then one of the walls caved in and collapsed. But Peter got us out again."

"Peter?"

"Hi Mr. Stark." Peter said, stepping under the light.

"I thought I told you to stay out of this." Tony said, his tone harsh.

"Dad, he just saved my life!" I defended him.

"But before that he lost you."

"Mr. Stark, I needed to make sure Y/n was okay. She means a lot to me."

My dad rolled his eyes. "Where's Steve?"

"The hall opposite to this one. He was looking for you."

"Alright, I'll go get him." He said, walking back the way we came.

As soon as he left, Peter pulled me into a kiss. I put my arms around his neck as he gripped my waist and deepened the kiss. I missed him. I missed this. And I would do everything in my power to keep him with me.

I think I loved him.