Chapter 20

I woke up, my head pounding. I didn't know where I was or how I got there, or, more likely, who took me there. I was gagged with a white cloth and my hands and ankles were tied to the old wooden chair that I was sitting on. I felt the weight of vibranium on my neck. Suddenly, a loud bang sounded from behind the large grey well behind me. A gunshot. As someone who's heard that sound many times in their life, it was unmistakable. The small light in the middle of the room flickered on and off for a minute, then turned off completely, leaving me in the suffocating darkness.

A stream of light came in as a door opened behind me, revealing seven Hydra soldiers and-

Steve?

I struggled against my bonds as the light came on again and the soldiers pushed Steve to his knees as he yelled into his gag.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Captain America and the daughter of Tony Stark as our hostages? Interesting." Said a familiar voice as Owen walked into the room. "Ungag her!" He ordered the solders. One of them walked over to me and ripped off the gag, burning the back of my neck. I hissed at the pain as Owen walked over and crouched down in front of me.

"I have a few questions for you. And you're going to answer them."

"I'll answer them in hell." I growled, spitting at his boots. The solders began to move towards me, but Owen held up a hand, stopping them.

"Oh we'll make you want to. Don't you worry, Y/n." He winked, infuriating the shit out of me.

"We'll see." I glared as he rose to his full height.

"Indeed we shall. Now," He took out a dagger, the silver glinting in the dim light as he spun the hilt in his hand, "Where is the Tesseract?"

"Why do you want it."

He smirked, "You really think I'd tell you my plan?"

"I don't know. You've done some pretty stupid things over the years." He tensed and I knew he was trying to keep his temper in check. One thing I remembered about Owen: he had a short fuse. And I was about to abuse that.

"Where is it." He snarled, not a question but an order.

I didn't really know much about the Tesseract. Only that Hydra wanted it back in the second world war. Then, Loki stole it from Shield, then my dad stole it back and now Hydra want it again apparently? I glanced at Steve. He had two black eyes and cuts and bruises all over his body. What did they do to him? "I have no reason to tell you." I said.

"Oh I'm about to give you a pretty good one." He grinned, flipping the dagger. He walked over to Steve, cutting a line down the back of his right hand. Steve hissed as my eyes widened and Owen turned to me. "Do you know where it is now? And we'll know if you're lying."

"You'll never find it." I said, daring to make eye contact with him. He looked at me with those green eyes I once would've loved to see and punched me in the jaw. I took the hit. Then another. And another. Then he picked up the dagger once more.

"Sir, we have orders not to hurt her-" The soldier standing next to Steve started, but Owen cut him off with a sharp glare. The soldier cowered back as Owen pulled up the dagger.

He placed the tip of my neck, causing me to tip my head back as far as I could. He stared at me, his eyes hungry as he dragged the blade gently against my jaw, not drawing blood.

God we needed to get out of here.

...

Peter's pov:

"Mr. Stark! They took her!" I yelled as I ran into Stark mansion. "Mr. Stark!"

"What? What is it?!" Tony said as he ran down the stairs, shoes clacking against the marble.

"They took her! Hydra has her!"

"Kid, stop screaming. Has who?"

"Y/n! They took Y/n!"

"What?!? Do you know where she is?"

"No! This big guy wrecked your car and then we fought him, but Y/n was knocked unconscious and taken and I-"

"I'm gonna need the suit back." The vein above his eye started throbbing as anger filled his face.

"What? Wait no! You don't understand! I can help!"

"You've helped enough. You lost my fucking daughter!"

"You can't take away this suit! Please! I can't help you find Y/n without it."

Mr. Stark glared at me as I said, "I have no other clothes."

Rolling his eyes, he passed me an I survived my trip to NYC shit and a pair of... Hello Kitty pajamas?

"Now go home!" He turned around, but paused, and added, "And don't come back. Ever."