one

~♡ one ♡~

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

putting on the last piece of clothing, his oversized jean jacket, he checked the time on his phone. 7.40am, which means 20 minutes before class starts.

he ran down the stairs, entering the huge kitchen and grabbing a handful of fresh cherries that were in the white bowl. he grabbed a carton of cherry milk and excited the huge house, not bothering to say 'goodbye' to his mother, who didn't give zero fucks about her son.

it was easy to say jeongin lived in a big house with his mother. even though the house was big and beautiful, he hated it in there. his mother was an amazing businesswoman, but a terrible parent. she didn't care about her son at all. all she cared about was money and men. 

jeongin's dad left when he was only 10 years old, probably starting a new and a better family. jeongin and his father were still in contact, secretly. they were video chatting often. his father has tried to change jeongin's mind to live with him and his new husband, but jeongin always refused, not wanting to leave his horrible mother alone.

jeongin's father was a famous actor, a great one too. he was a way better parent than his mother. even though he left, he still managed to take care of jeongin by sending him money when his mother didn't leave any for him and video chatting about his son's problems. he married a nice and kind man, who became his manager. they were both very happily in love. everyone was supportive of their marriage, including jeongin.

plugging his earphones into his phone and selecting a song, jeongin started walking to his school. his school wasn't far away, only a 10 minute walk and jeongin hated taking the bus. people were extremely loud and he hated loudness.

he was mumbling the tune of 'sunflower' by rex orange county. he loved sunflowers, sunflowers were his favorite type of flowers. by typing 'sunflower' on youtube, he found himself listening to the unfamiliar, yet catchy song. that's how he discovered rex orange county.

as he arrived in school, he unplugged his earphones and put them in his school bag. he easily spotted minho and jisung, two of his best friends, and made his way towards them.

"g'morning." jeoungin mumbled sleepily as he approached them.

"morning, sleeping beauty." minho greeted happily. he seemed excited, "how was your beauty sleep?"

"how can you be that energetic in the morning?" jeongin responded back with a question, making the older pout.

"i'm sorry for being a positive person, grumpy." minho said sarcastically, rolling his eyes as the younger chuckled.

"did any of you did the math homework?" jisung asked as they arrived to their lockers, which were luckily right next to each other.

"shit, i forgot." minho face palmed himself.

"we had homework?" jeongin found himself asking as he closed his locker shut, "i forgot."

"jeongin forgot to do his homework? the yang jeongin?" jisung asked, pretending to be more shocked than he already was, "unbelievable."

"hey! it's a one time thing." jeongin giggled, punching his shoulder lightly as the bell rang, "time for hell, see you at lunch!"

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

as classes passed by, lunch came quickly. jeongin was at his locker, putting his books in there when he spotted one of his good friends, hyunjin. hyunjin was talking to felix and changbin, other two from their friend group.

he started walking towards them, with a big grin on his face. he was excited to see them. especially hyunjin. for some reason, the boy felt something towards the older, but had no idea what. 

while approaching them, he had a feeling that he shouldn't have approached them for a reason, but he quickly brushed the bad feeling away when felix waved at him.

"jeongin! c'mon, the others are waiting in the cafeteria." felix said to the youngest, smiling.

they started walking, jeongin standing next to felix and hyunjin. they were arguing whether black and white were colours or not when hyunjin put his arm around jeongin, defending him in the argument. 

jeongin immediately stopped walking, getting the urge to puke. he felt like he couldn't breathe and something big was stuck in his lungs. he started coughing and his eyes started tearing up from the pain. in no seconds, he started running towards the boys' restroom, leaving the other three standing there in shock.

without knocking, he entered an empty stall and started puking in the toilet. after letting everything out, he stood up and looked at the toilet, gasping at the sight. rose petals in the toilet and a few on the ground.

out of all questions, he asked himself the dumbest one, "why roses and not sunflowers?"

"jeongin? you in here?" felix's deep voice was heard from the bathroom door. 

jeongin's eyes went wide, as he ran towards the toilet, to flush it before felix sees the mess he made. but it was too late, felix already saw the petals.

"jeongin! oh my god, are you okay?" felix immediately rushed to jeongin's side, bringing him in a hug.

"y-yeah, i'm okay now." jeongin said staring at the few rose petals on the ground, "f-felix, i'm scared. why did i cough up petals?"

felix's eyes went wide in realization,
 "hanahaki.." he mumbled.

 ╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

a/n: poor jeongin♡~ :(