nine

jeongin woke up to a silent atmosphere

jeongin woke up to a silent atmosphere. he opened his eyes, blinking a few times before fully staring at the white hospital ceiling.

he felt a warm, large hand holding his cold one tightly. he turned around to see hyunjin holding his hand, eyes closed, probably asleep. his head was hung low and soft snores escaped his plump lips.

"he must be uncomfortable." jeongin thought. he squeezed hyunjin's hand lightly to wake him up, but it didn't work.

hyunjin was a heavy sleeper and no one can say other wise.

the door opened slowly, revealing his best friend with a strawberry milk in his hand. felix smiled softly at the younger, who sent him a soft smile back.

"hey.. how you feeling?" felix asked his best friend as he handed him the strawberry milk and placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"i feel like shit." jeongin sighed, but showed a smile anyway.

felix sighed sadly. his eyes were red and puffy, looking as if he cried before.

"are you okay?" jeongin asked felix, concerned about his red puffy eyes. felix seemed sad, very sad and jeongin hated seeing his best friend sad.

"you shouldn't be asking me that." felix chuckled at his best friend's selflessness, "i'm just worried."

jeongin sighed.

"listen jeongin, i'm not that kind of person to push you into things, but.." felix looked at jeongin seriously, "you gotta take the surgery, or else i will get that flower out of your lungs with my own bare hands."

"i'm being serious. i'm no doctor, but this is getting out of hand. look at you," he gestured at jeongin, "you're pale as a ghost, and you've lost so much weight." his eyes were full with tears now.

"i don't wanna lose you." felix sobbed, "i don't wanna lose my best friend."

he stood on jeongin's side, a sobbing mess. jeongin's eyes watered at the sight. he hated how he made his best friend cry.

he brought felix into a tight, warm hug, both of them sobbing on each other's shoulders.

"i'll take the surgery." jeongin muttered, "i'll do it just for you."

silence.

"don't." they turned their heads towards hyunjin, who was now awake, "don't take the surgery."

felix stood up and went to his previous spot, looking confused at hyunjin.

"what-?" jeongin was interrupted by hyunjin placing his lips on jeongin's.

a/n: one more chapter owo