My friend Henry

Hannah prov.

Hi I'm Hannah and this a story about my life yes I know you saw the show but this story is a little different. This is your only chance to stop reading this book and close it and find another one are you sure ok.

I got up for school and man I was excited because this was the last day and now it will be summer. OK everyone is excited but I am happy because well my parents are going to get me a pet and I know what I want I always wanted a puppy. I got dressed and put on my dress oh I forgot my name is Hannah Baker and I'm six years old. After I was dressed I am down stairs my daddy picked me up and spun me in a circle I laughed. He put me down and said "You know what I always say my princess." I smiled my daddy calls me his princess because we pretend I get taken and he saves me. I ate my breakfast my mommy came inside and said something to my daddy I don't know what they said.

I saw the bus and grabbed my backpack I smiled as kids were getting on the bus. Then someone covered my eyes I laughed. Henry said "Guess who it is or you have to give me your lunch money for a week." I started laughing and told him let me see is it Henry my best friend in the whole world. Henry took his hands off and told her okay so you know its me but I get the window sit Hannah. I smiled and nodded we both ran on the bus our school was perfect and I would never want to leave. We arrived at school and got off the bus. When we got in the classroom and sat down the teacher put on peter pan I love this movie so much. I felt like Wendy how she didn't want to grow up Henry agreed with me. It was a while and Henry asked to go to the restroom our teacher nodded he got a pass and left the classroom.

We kept watching the movie then an alarm went off in the speaker of the classroom. All of us covered our ears it was so loud our teacher got a call. She shut off the movie and locked the door and said "Kids everyone in that cornor don't make a sound now." We ran to the cornor and were scared what was going on. The teacher turned off the light and we were shaking like crazy oh no Henry he's still outside I have to save him. After a while we heard the door knob moving and banging on the door someone shouting for help. I got up and ran to the door the teacher pulled me back telling me no it's dangerous. I kept trying to get free crying and saying no it's Henry I know it is. Then we heard gun shots and someone fell on the ground by the door I screamed no Henry no! The teacher brought me back to the other students the door knob moved again we closed our eyes kept me.

The teacher got up and the door opened we all relaxed it was the cops. I ran to the door but it wasn't Henry I had to find him. The cops showed us the our parents I saw Henrys parents crying what is going on. I saw an ambulance pull up and their was someone on the ground by the trees I ran over there. I heard people shouting telling me not to go over there but I couldn't hear them I only thought of Henry. I wish I listened to them I looked down and saw my best friend Henry he had a bullet in his head and blood coming out. I screamed no no no Henry you can't be dead no help someone! My daddy grabbed me and took me a way they tried to talk to me but I felt like my life was over. I got in the car and we drove off I found out that their was a shooting at our school tears went down my cheek.

Henry's parents came to my house I frowned and hugged them. The mom handed me something I put it down it was a book of neverland. Tears went down my cheek the dad said "Henry wanted to get this for you Hannah were glad you two were friends." I told them thank you and I watched as they left my parents talked to me. Were moving this is the worse feeling ever leaving everything and now Henry. I got dressed wearing my black dress we got inside the car and drove to the hall. Everyone was talking like Henry wasn't gone but I knew in my heart that he was do I have to go up there and speak. I sat down by my parents I saw the music was goodbye to you man I don't like that song at all. The Funeral started and the video started to play. Tears went down my cheek my best friend died.

The guy was talking for a while finally it was over I walked up to the coffin

The guy was talking for a while finally it was over I walked up to the coffin. I saw Henry inside he looked like nothing happened to him. Then they took him in a car and drove off. We all got in a limo and drove for a while up high. Finally we reached the top and the man asked if anyone wanted to say something. First Henry's parents spoke I sat down listening to them. The mom said"Henry was a good boy his favorite friend was Hannah Baker and he loved school." Everyone looked at me I can do this I walked up and started to talk. I said "Hi I'm Hannah Baker Henry was my friend he would protect me in school." She told them Henry and I both loved Neverland and pretended were lived there. I walked to a chair and sat down everyone watched. I held my guitar and told them I wrote this song with Henry. I pushed play on the cassette tape and played my guitar.

Henry's song part.

Your getting older and the school year is almost over,

When you leave the school you have to get a job and be a grown up,

No more playing straight to work and we won't see each other,

I met a girl and I told her this is not the end it's not over,

Henry/Hannah part

Will never grow up so take my hand and come with me to a land,

You will never grow up in this island welcome to Neverland,

No rules and no grown ups no one to tell us what to do were free from everyone,

Hannah part :

Seeing the boy just sitting there all alone,

I walked on by and we became friends we didn't care what anyone said to us,

They picked on us but we don't care one day they will pay ,

Hannah/Henry part

Will never grow up so take my hand and come with me to a land,

You will never grow up in this island welcome to Neverland,

No rules and no grown ups no one to tell us what to do were free from everyone,

End of song.

I stopped playing my guitar everyone clapped their hands. Everyone threw a rose on Henry's coffin I put a green rose down. Tears went down my cheek and I told him bye Henry I'll never forget you bye. My parents waited I got in the car and we drove home.