[11]: The Battle [1]

2018 Wakanda
"You two cover each other too. If you two die, who's going to lead the Avengers?"

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked over her coms. Since Hulk didn't want to come out after getting his ass kicked by Thanos, Banner was built a suit that was similar to the Iron Man suit, but not exactly Tony's suit. It was his Hulkbuster suit.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." Banner said. They were making their way towards where the protective dome was over Wakanda that T'Challa was going to have it dropped. Katherine looked up and laughed as Banner flew past them, but he didn't have complete control.

They were riding with the Kingsguard to the frontlines. Christian had his arms around his mother as he stood behind her since he was taller than her, and Katherine let him since he complained about missing out on all the love earlier. She didn't want to leave anything to chance. She couldn't go into this battle and something go wrong without her telling her family how much she loves them.

"Wow! This is amazing, man It's like being the Hulk without actually...-" The Banner tripped over a rock and he went tumbling down to the ground. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey spoke. Christian unwrapped his arms from his mother as they were all dropped off at the front lines. As the Jabari men were chanting, before the battle started, Katherine turned her family to her very quickly. She noticed the 'shield' that Steve got, instead of one big one, it was actually two smaller ones, all black that was strapped to both of his arms.

But she turned to Christian and Wanda.

"Listen to me... especially the two of you. Watch your backs, cover each other, and don't hold anything back from these monsters, aliens, whatever the hell they are. You got me?" Katherine said, and they both nodded their heads.

"Promise, Mom. I'd never let anything happen to Wanda." Christian said.

"You two cover each other too. If you two die, who's going to lead the Avengers?" Wanda said, pointing between them which made them laugh.

"We always have and always will," Steve said, and then he looked at the two of the three most important people in his life with a sense of pride in his heart. When he woke up from the ice, 6 years ago, he didn't think he would get this moment. Not this exact moment, but he didn't think he would get Katherine, and when he did get her, he definitely didn't think they would be able to have any kids, but here they were.

He hated that they were all about to be in battle, but he knew they were more than capable of taking care of themselves. Especially his kids. Practically all the Avengers have trained them well, and Steve was hoping when this was all over, they could just settle down and be the family they are.

"I love you guys," Christian said, and Steve and Katherine nodded their heads.

"We love you too. More than can ever be put into words." Steve said, and then that's when Katherine heard it. T'Challa, Steve, Katherine, and Natasha all went to approach the borderline where the two aliens were being held on the outside by the protective dome around the city.

"Where's your other friend?" Katherine asked, with a small smirk on her face. She knew exactly where he was. Dead, because she stabbed him.

"You will pay for his life with yours." The alien spoke back to Katherine which made her laugh.

"Good luck with that." She said.

"Thanos will have that stone." The alien said.

"That's not going to happen," Steve said.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." T'Challa spoke.

"We have blood to spare." The alien said. Then she lifted her weapon and Katherine along with everyone else noticed the things that crashed into Wakanda started to rise. The four of them walked back to where Bucky, Wanda, Christian, and everyone else was standing.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly," Steve said. Then they saw it. Other aliens came running through the forest, as the people of Wakanda started to chant. T'Challa standing out in front.

"What the hell?" Bucky whispered.

"Looks like we pissed her off," Natasha said as they watched all the aliens continue to run forward. As they ran at the dome border and tried to get through it didn't work. The border had enough force that it was killing every alien that ran into it, or tried to run through it. Katherine watched as one got sliced in half trying to get through.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye spoke.

"I could watch them do that all day," Katherine said, shrugging her shoulders. Some did manage to get through without dying, but they looked like they had been severely burnt. This was it. It was time to fight and not look back. The ones who did survive started to run towards the Avengers and their army, but they were easily shot down, while Rhodey and Sam also took them out from above.

"Cap, if they circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision." Banner said over his coms.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us," Steve said.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked, looking to T'Challa.

"We open the barrier," T'Challa said. Then Katherine watched as he pressed onto his own comm, and began to speak. "On my signal, open North-West Section 17." He said. Okoye quickly turned to her King.

"My King, are you sure?" She asked, and T'Challa nodded his head while looking at her. They've fought many battles together, but never has the border been open before, but then again. The attack has never been this severe before.

"This will be the end of Wakanda," M'Baku spoke.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history," Okoye said.

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa shouted, and Katherine watched his Black Panther mask cover his face. She knew it. That was it, that was the signal.

It was time to fight like hell.

Oh shit, it's going down. Honestly, the Infinity War part is really short and I'm sorry about that, but it's only because as you know in this movie, all the Avengers weren't together the entire time, but Endgame will also be in this book so it'll definitely be a long book.

Don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo.