[13]: Thanos' Snap

2018 Wakanda
"Now is no time at all."
[AN: THINGS IN THIS CHAPTER HAVE CHANGED]

Amaya led her mother to where her dad and brother were, right as Steve tackled the alien off of Vision. Katherine looked back at Vision and shook her head. "Vis... get out of here, now," Katherine said, before turning back around to see her husband giving the alien repeated blows to the face, and then he turned around to Vision.

"Go!"

Steve was able to knock its spear away from him, but Katherine saw as the alien grabbed Steve by his neck and throw him down, that's when she stepped in. She swung her baton low, but it had no effect. Instead, the alien threw her down and slammed its hand onto her neck, beginning to choke her. Katherine's eyes widened as she started to lose air, and Steve looked over, but couldn't bring himself off the ground.

"Katherine!" Steve yelled. Amaya stepped up, the blue glowing light around the alien's hands as she lifted them from her mother's throat. As Katherine gasped while trying to get air back into her lungs, she noticed the spear go straight through the alien's heart and lift him in the air. Amaya let her power fade away, dropping his hands from her control. Then Vision threw the spear down, the alien along with it, before falling down himself.

Katherine and Steve both rushed over to Vision, while Steve helped stabilize him against a fallen tree branch. "I thought I told you to go," Katherine said, as she and Steve helped him stand up.

"Well, as the Captain said... we don't trade lives." He said.

"Thank you both for the save," Katherine said, looking at her daughter, and then looking at Vision. Wanda came to where they were, and Katherine heard Vision groan out in pain, something in the stone was hurting him.

"What, what is it?" Wanda asked.

"He's here." Vision said. Steve grabbed his wife, while Katherine grabbed their kids. She could feel the wind blowing, but something about it felt off. Steve pressed the button on his coms, and even though she was right next to him, his voice still came through her ear.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." He said. Natasha, Nikita, Sam, Wanda, Okoye, and T'Challa were all also in the same wooded area that the Rogers, and Vision were in, and they looked around, wondering which side Thanos would be coming from.

"What the hell..." Natasha murmured. As Katherine looked over, what looked like a cloud of blue and grey dust was formed in a circle before he came walking through.

Thanos.

Katherine looked at his tall, muscular figure. She noticed the gauntlet on his arm and the five Infinity Stones resting in it. This was it, they had to protect Vision no matter what. Thanos can't get that last stone.

"Cap... that's him." Banner spoke.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve said.

Banner first ran at him and Katherine's eyes widened as he used one of the Space Stone to make Banner completely transparent as he passed him and then trapped him in a rock. Katherine and Steve both ran at him, ready to attack, but using the Power Stone, he was easily able to throw them back.

As Thanos continued to go through the Avengers like it was nothing. Vision grabbed Amaya's arm. "Maya... it's time." He said. Amaya shook her head. She refused to kill Vision.

"No." She said.

"They can't stop him, Amaya. But we can." Vision said, and Amaya shook her head.

"Vis, you're like another older, much wiser brother. I can't kill you." She said, and Vision grabbed her arm and turned her around.

"Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone." He said.