«two»

"We need to get you out of here! And now! " I tried to get Jack out of the building when Mayor Pinegate stopped me in my tracks.

"Why the rush Mr.Besson? And shouldn't he be on the delivery table?" I thought really quick.

"Yes, but there are some parts that I left at home that were a great part of this Stainless." I held onto Jack so that he wouldn't talk and give us away.

"Fair enough. We already have to break it to a family that they are not going to see their requested Stainless. " She walked away as kept in a shaky breath.

As soon as we got to my house, Jack asked me bunch of questions.

"What was that all about? Why did that girl get shot? Is there something wrong with me? Am I screw up?" I took a deep breath as I have never been around someone who talked as much as he did.

"It's because you Jack are half Stainless, half human. You are forbidden and I don't know exactly why. If you were to be found by authorities, you would be dead right now. I am gonna die if I get caught saving you."

I looked into his giant brown eyes as they stared blankly back at me.

I took Jack and put him in the basement hidden in my house. I tried to wrap my brain around the whole thing and what the mayor did to the Glitches.

I read what they said about WW2 and how the Nazis treated the Jews horribly and took them away. We're we following the footsteps of the humans.

I took food down to Jack and he scarfed it down. I went to the window and Jack started to cry.

"I want to go home Corbyn." I didn't understand... this was his home and he was saying it was somewhere else.

Jack pointed to the outside. To what looked like the city wall. Nothing strange about it. Tried to think and guess what he was thinking about but I could not tap into his brain. His crying grew loud so I put my hand over his mouth. Only Glitches cry and feel true emotions.

"You look crazy I think it's time for you to get some rest. "

"I don't wanna go to bed. I'm not tired I wanna just look at the stars."

"Well you can't. It's too dangerous and I am not risking getting your butt killed for a few minutes of stargazing."

" But-"

"No buts, I said get to bed."

"Why-"

"GO!" I raised my voice and Jack got a hurt look on his face and the tears came back.

I went to apologize but he had already run down to his room.

Were they always this emotional and whiny?