«five»

——«·.·»——

A few days past and Jack continued to worry me. My rash hasn't gotten any better and slowly gets worse. It's hard to hide it at work.

I sat at the table with my head in my hands. Taking care of Jack was getting the best of me. He really doesn't understand how dangerous this was for me to take him in. I talked to Daniel about it, but of course, he didn't like what I had to say.

"You will not let him go Corbyn! He cares about you!" Daniel went on in his high pitched whiny voice.

"I can't do this Daniel, it's too dangerous for us. It's also having a negative effect on my body." I pulled up my shirt and pulled down my pants showing the deep red rash all over my body.

"He needs you Corbyn. He's just a kid."

" He's not just a normal kid Daniel he can destroy us all! That is the problem he's dangerous and we only need one of his kind wiping us all out. " I slammed my hands on the table as Daniel retreated to his room.

I went to bed with the thoughts still running in my head. I finally fell in to a restless sleep. I woke up the next morning calling Jack to breakfast. I heard the footsteps and they were soft.

"Morning Jack. How did you sleep? " I rubbed my eyes gently.

No response. I even checked to see who to actually was. It was Daniel and he looked worried.

"Daniel, did you not wake up Jack?" I started to get worried when he said no.

"I checked his room and he was not in there."

" Now did you check the outside and all the places he likes to hide? " Daniel shook his head yes and I felt a lump form in my throat. What i f he heard what I said last night?

I looked at the table and my thoughts were correct.

Dear Corbyn and Daniel,
I am sorry I was too much for you to take care of. I didn't want to hurt you guys so I left. Society doesn't want me anyway. I hope you now have a safe, glitch-free life.

Sincerely,
Jack Avery

I felt the tears well up in my eyes as for I was the one who had truly hurt was Jack. I tried to process the thought that Jack the one I tried to protect was gone. He was really gone.....but the real question was where did he go?