Winter

Hi everyone! I know this is my second post today. But the one I posted this morning was my update for last week posted a week late, so yeah. The song is Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco, and it's referenced in my chapter, so that's why I put it in. I'm not a big fangirl of P!ATD anymore but I once was and I just remembered this. Also, it gives me Christmas vibes and it was posted the day before Christmas so that's why I referenced it. Anyway, sorry for that long ramble. I hope you enjoy!

 "I'm walking the long road, watching the sky fall..."

I sang along loudly to the Christmassy music blaring in my old PT Cruiser that was on its last limb. Outside, a gentle shower of snow created a soft carpet of snow on the highway, but it was too little to turn deadly or dangerous. The roads whizzed by as I broke the speed limit by at least twenty miles. No one would care. It was late at night on Christmas Eve, and no cops would be around.

I was heading to my sister, Bianca's, house to celebrate Christmas with her and my family. It was a tradition we had held for countless years since I was a student in elementary school. My father didn't spend very much time at home because of his job (which I had never understood), but he always made sure to come home for the holidays.

That's why today would be extra special. I hadn't seen my dad since last Christmas, and even though I was an adult, I still missed him terribly. Also, I was trying to escape what had just happened a few days before. I had revealed to my longtime ex-crush, Percy Jackson, that I had liked him in the past. Now he kept asking me why I stopped liking him.

Not wanting to face that embarrassment, I had headed north into upstate New York to see my family. My troubles back at home could wait. This was going to be a Christmas to remember.

I immediately shut off my radio as it began talking about the latest Marvel movie that had come out. Switching it to the Broadway station, I began to sing along to Barrett Wilbert Weed's powerful voice.

"Life could be beautiful."

---

An hour had passed by, and my radio was being drowned out by the sound of my PT Cruiser squeaking and groaning. At first, I had ignored it, remembering that this happened all the time. But now I was beginning to get worried.

It sounded like something had come loose in my car and was clanging around on the inside. I had to pull over to get a closer look: it wasn't safe to drive like this. I slowly directed my car to the side of the road, adhering to the speed limit this time.

Once I had parked neatly on the empty side of the highway, I clambered out of my car, pulling the fluffy hood of my jacket over my head to keep the snow away. Zipping up my heavy coat, I pried the top of my car up to inspect it. Although I didn't know much about cars, after fifteen minutes of poking around I couldn't seem to find anything wrong.

Sighing from the cold, I headed back into my car, brushing the snow off my coat. Sitting down comfortably, I turned my key and was disappointed to find that the car sputtered miserably. I kept turning the key to no avail, growing more and more frustrated each time I tried.

I had to face the facts- my car had died for good. I didn't have AAA, since I lived in the city, and I was starting to regret that decision. I had two options: try and fix my car, or call one of my family to come out here and give me a lift. But they were an hour away, and it was 1 AM. Nobody would be awake right now.

I stepped out of my car once again, huddling in my large coat. The snow was getting heavier now, and I realized that the roads were slick with it. I pried open the hood of my car once again, trying to identify the problem, to no avail again.