Musical Part 2

Hi guys! Thank you for all the support through comments and votes AND 10.9K READS!!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever. The song above is More is Better from the Mean Girls Musical, which is mentioned in the one-shot. I recommend you listen! Finally, this chapter is dedicated to @Kpickle11 who requested this Part 2!

 A week had passed since Will and I had rehearsed the kiss scene. I still got goosebumps whenever I thought about it. Nobody else at the rehearsal had noticed, because there was so much commotion with the whole cast.

Nobody else besides Will, that is. Even though it wasn't a real kiss, after it had ended, my whole face had felt like it was on fire. I'm sure it looked that way as well. Meanwhile. Will was having an easier time keeping his cool, although the way he wouldn't make full eye contact with me told a different story.

From then on, rehearsals had been slightly more awkward, with me staring at the ground during our run-throughs of songs like More is Better and Will having to use the bathroom every time Annabeth brought up the kiss scene. It was only a matter of time before one of us talked about it- or so I hoped. I didn't know Will very well, but I had known him to have a casual boyfriend and maybe a girlfriend, I couldn't remember. Someone had to have made the first move in those relationships.

I remembered how when I had first started to notice Will because of the musical, I had thought that he would be easy to fall for. I had no idea back then how truly right I was. Everything about Will was perfect to me, his easygoing demeanor and how he was quick to laugh at anything. Not to mention his amazing singing and acting skills. He really had the best of Apollo, with the medicine and music stuff.

"Earth to Nico!" Annabeth yelled, looking exasperated. "Break's over, we're running 'It Roars'".

I jumped to my feet, looking apologetic. I blushed again as everyone's attention turned to me. Looking away, I tried in vain to force the blush off my face.

"Okay, Nico, whenever you're ready," Annabeth said, pulling up the background music.

"I'm sixteen, living in paradise" I sang, feeling more confident than ever before. The musical had made me practice singing much more than before, and I was realizing that I was actually pretty good. Austin had even remarked how he was surprised I wasn't a child of Apollo with the voice I had.

"But frankly, they're all on my last nerves," I half-sang, half-laughed. "Nobody on the savanna understands,"

I heard cluttering backstage, and I wanted to turn around to see if Will was behind me. Stay professional, I reminded myself. Annabeth would turn her evil glare at me if I even appeared distracted while rehearsing.

We were doing Stupid With Love (Reprise) next, which meant that I had to sing with Will. My nerves tingled with excitement. I got this.

---

"My new favorite day!" I finished, staring at Will. At least this time, it was supposed to be Cady staring at Aaron.

"Okay guys, great job!" Annabeth said through her headset. "Take fifteen and we'll do 'Stop'"

I headed off stage, sighing. I caught sight of Will and hurried up to him. This couldn't be awkward. Knowing me, I would probably make it that way anyways.

"Good job back there!" I told Will, meaning every word. Our voices harmonizing had sounded incredible.

"Thanks. You too!"

"Have you thought about doing another musical in the future?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"I dunno, really," Will said, sitting down on a bench. I plopped down next to him, hoping that I didn't seem too clingy. "I've always wanted to be a doctor, and I haven't really thought about much besides that."

"Well, you have talent, so I'm sure you could choose whatever role you want in any play and get it," I replied, trying not to notice how Will and I were inches apart. Why did this bench have to be so tiny? Should I get up? Stop overthinking, Nico. It's fine, I thought to myself.

"So could you," Will laughed, beaming at me. His blue eyes sparkled at me and I did everything in my power not to literally swoon on the spot.

"Maybe one day," I answered truthfully. "Honestly, I haven't really thought about my future that much. I haven't thought about college, a future, anything."

"Whatever you do, I can tell you're going to be amazing at it," Will's expression turned slightly more serious. He leaned in a little, causing my heart to start thumping so loudly I was sure Will could hear it.

"Thanks," I answered, half whispering. Something was happening- something much more real than the stage kisses we had experienced before. I decided that if Will leaned in, even more, I would go for it.

Suddenly Will pulled away. Was that a blush I detected on his tan cheeks?

"I've got to go," Will fumbled. "Infirmary stuff, you know."

"See you," I replied, confused. What had just happened? It had been something intense enough to make the usually nonchalant Will blush.

Will stood up and walked away. I watched his retreating form, noting how he turned around and looked back at me. I could have sworn I saw some indescribable emotion pass through his eyes.

It was decided. I would make the next move on Will since he clearly wasn't able to do it himself. This would prove to be interesting.

---

After a few days of plotting and scheming on how to tell Will I had a crush on him, my best idea was to just tell him straightforwardly. From what I knew about Will, he was very casual and would value me being upfront with him. Plus he seemed pretty clueless to me so I didn't want to approach the subject delicately. I would hate to be friend-zoned like that.

I planned to go through with my idea right after rehearsal. My mind was barely on the songs and dances that Annabeth was running me through, much to her irritation. Will hadn't had much to do in rehearsal today, so he was playing Frisbee with Percy, who also wasn't that necessary. Percy's blonde Karen wig bobbed around as he dove for the Frisbee. Annabeth and I both stifled a laugh at that. She was more successful than me.

"Okay Nico, your head's not in the game," Annabeth told me exasperatedly. "Take forty-five- I'll rehearse Rachel's numbers with her."

"Thank you," I told her, smiling gratefully. It was go time.

"We're doing 'Meet the Plastics' first," Annabeth announced.

Percy ran up to the stage, leaving Will to lay down on the grass and relax. I ran off stage and headed near Will. The grass was soft and warm, like a carpet, and I happily lay down next to Will.

"Hey, Nico," Will greeted me, lazily twirling a blade of grass between his fingers. "You sounded really good in 'Fearless'."

"Thanks," I blushed. Compliments always caught me off guard- bad habit.

"So I have something to ask you about," Will said casually, dropping the blade of grass. Inexplicably, my heart started racing again. Will just had that effect on me, I guess.

"Go ahead,"

"I was wondering if you want to go on a date sometime? I would say go out but we can't really do that," he laughed.

"What?"I spluttered, shocked. Will had just ruined days of planning and psyching myself up for this very moment.

"Oh sorry I asked, I just-"

"No, it's not that," I laughed mirthlessly. I turned around on the grass to look at Will. "It's just that I was about to ask you the same question."

"So that's a yes?" Will asked, sitting up. A hopeful gleam crossed his face.

"Of course it does, stupid," I giggled, sitting up as well.

So we sat and talked until I had to go rehearse again, about our moment a few days ago on the park bench. Will wanted me to make a move before he kissed me for real, but I had been too shocked to do anything. Mentally, I cursed myself for that. I could have saved myself a few days of pain.

But those few days of pain brought me hopefully, many more of happiness. I guess I really was stupid with love.

Thanks for reading guys- I hope you liked it! New oneshot coming up soon (hopefully)