YouTube AU Part 3

Hi everyone! This is the third part of the YouTube AU, and I apologize in advance because the ending is a little rushed. Thanks so much for 3.4K reads! Please put any story ideas in the comments- it means a lot. I hope you guys enjoy!

 "What do we do?" I asked Nico, pacing frantically around the living area of my hotel room. It was close to midnight, and we had just received a letter from the people who were targeting Nico saying that they knew that he was with me. The blissful Texas atmosphere could do nothing to calm our nerves. "Now that they know you're with me, I can't keep an eye on you anymore."

"Will, I'm old enough to take care of myself. And well enough, too." Nico added after seeing my unbelieving stare.

When we were in New York City, right after my first concert, I had discovered Nico laying on the ground, motionless, in an abandoned alleyway. He had a concussion and multiple stab wounds. I didn't want to let him go until I was a hundred percent sure that he was safe. Plus, I had grown attached to him. I didn't want Nico to leave.

"I know that!"

"Sure," Nico nodded, sarcasm lacing his words. "Fine. Anyway, let's rule out what we can't do. I can't come along with you to the tour anymore since they'll be tracking my every move."

"Yeah," I agreed, trying to keep the sadness out of my voice. "They sent this letter as a threat, to scare you. Soon, they'll come for you in person."

"I know the gang," Nico explained, looking grim. "They love to terrify you, make you understand that you're in danger of their attack and that it's inevitable."

Shaking my head, I commented, "That's so messed up."

"Tell me about it," Nico agreed. "I just wish I hadn't made that mistake of joining them a year ago."

"It's okay," I consoled him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You can't beat yourself up over past errors anyway."

"Yeah,"

"We still have a few options for what you can do," I began, hoping that there was some way I could help Nico. I couldn't lose him to this. I just couldn't. "Obviously, you can't go back to New York City, since that's literally where they'll be able to find you easiest."

"Maybe I could just stay here?" Nico suggested.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "They know that you're here right now, and they've probably thought this through. You've got to do something else. Like, leave the country."

"That's not a bad idea," Nico said. "There's only one problem. I don't have a passport or money."

"Leave that to me," I carelessly said. Those issues could be easily solved. "I have a friend in London who would be willing to take you in for a few weeks until you get back onto your feet. If you ever need any money, please call."

"Will, you've already done so much for me, and-"

"Stop," I cut him off. "I have more than enough money to do this. I just want you to be safe."

"Thank you so much," Nico said, accepting quickly. He knew that his life was on the line. Suddenly, he made an unexpected move. Nico wrapped his arms around me and hugged tightly, and surprised, I returned the gesture. "I'm paying you back for this."

"No you're not," I said, pulling away.

"I'm gonna miss you,"

"I'll miss you more," I smiled somberly, hoping that this moment would never end.

---

Six months later, I sat in my New York City apartment, editing one of my latest videos. I had stopped uploading as frequently during my tour since it was so stressful to do both at the same time. However, my tour had just ended, and I had created a video summarizing my tour, as well as some collabs with YouTubers I had met along the way.