Chapter 36

As a thank you for 18,000 reads.... here is a new chapter! Two chapters within the same week? Wow good job Baylee (even if it's just a filler chapter oops) Enjoy!

Shameful self promo:

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

Cat and I squeezed into our bathroom and began to get ready for our two separate nights, we had Cat’s phone playing music, all the top 20 and poppy stuff that, if I’m being honest, I shamefully know all the lyrics to. They’re catchy okay?

I plugged in the curling wand hoping to salvage the tangled frizzy mess that was my naturally curly hair using that and a bit of hairspray hoping that it wouldn’t end up worse than it already is, which to be fair, is a pretty hair thing to do.

After constantly burning my hands, arms, and neck for about a half an hour I was finally able to move on to my face where I just did a bit of simple eyeshadow using earthy tones to match my dress and a bit of a cat eyeliner. I moved onto jewelry deciding to take out my lip ring as it didn’t go with my outfit at all, I dabbed a bit of concealer to cover up where it was and then pulled a necklace out of my travel bag and clipped it around my neck. I prodded my lip where my piercing usually is, it feels so weird not having it in.

“Hey Cat, before you go, I need you to look at this dress and tell me if it’s okay or not.” I padded over in my mismatched socks to my shopping bags and pulled it out, Louise and Zoe begged me to buy it saying how adorable it looked on me and how I had “the perfect body shape” to pull it off, I was still skeptical about it.

I shimmied out of the clothes I had quickly thrown on before Cat got back with the ice and threw on the black floral print dress. It came to about mid-thigh and it had mesh illusion sleeves that just covered my shoulders.

“Aw look at you,” Cat cooed, “buying dresses all by yourself without being forced, what’s happened to my little hardcore cousin that struck fear into the hearts of everyone she passed?” She walked over and adjusted my necklace so that the clip wasn’t showing.

“Oh she’s still here, except now she’s mastered how to do it while wearing red lipstick and no pants.” I smirked and pulled on a pair of leather rose colored Vans.

“I see the shoes still haven’t changed,” She laughed throwing the left shoe at me as it somehow ended up on the other side of the room in our rush to get ready.

I looked into the full length mirror adjusting my hair to my liking and tucking in my shoelaces so they weren’t sticking out everywhere.

I grabbed my phone from the bed and took a mirror selfie, quickly posting it onto instagram, twitter and facebook with the caption, I’ve worn more dresses in the past 5 months than I have my entire 16 years of life.

Ever since I met Dan and Phil I feel like I’m constantly wearing them, it’s not necessarily a bad thing anymore, it’s just an excuse for me to look cute as hell while not wearing pants.

Right after I posted it there was a knock on the door, I stood on my tiptoes to look through the peephole and there stood none other than Dan and Phil, Dan was wearing his moth button up and Phil was wearing one of his blue ones that really made his eyes pop, I always encourage him to wear it, it’s probably my favorite of his dress shirts. I opened the door and grabbed my wallet that was laying on the bedside table, I hollered a quick goodbye to Cat and shut the door.

“You look beautiful,” Dan complimented.

“Stunning,” Phil added on.

“Well, you two look quite dapper yourselves.” I winked walking into the elevator, “Except you’ve misbuttoned your shirt Dan.” I laughed unbuttoning it for him and redoing it the proper way shaking my head at his little mistake.