10 ~ What's On Your Mind?

~ 10 ~

~

Hi! Hello! I put quite some effort in this chapter and I hope you like it! Thank you so much for sticking with me, here's a gif of perfection for you to enjoy.
:)

~

I felt the scream in every bone in my body. I turned away from Loki and got up from the bed to watch everything unfold— or attempted to.
I couldn't see a thing. While I heard every step on the floor and every yell from every mouth, I couldn't see what was happening and that scared me. Then a roar filled the halls. A loud, animalistic roar. Guards were now running toward the noise, and I heard the sounds of swords being drawn. Maybe just a small rebellion?
Then I heard some sickening cracks, and slowly a smell of smoke and burnt flesh filled my nose. I coughed and pressed the sleeve of the beautiful dress I wore against my nose and mouth to block out the smell.

Then the heavy footsteps came closer, until something I could only describe as a monster walked through the hallway. It wore a helmet with horns, and had a body in which almost two grown men could fit. The burnt smell came directly from it's hands, and it's eyes lit up red like fire.
It mercilessly murdered the guards, broke the yellow shields in front of the cell next to me and freed the prisoners. They enthusiastically joined the ongoing fight. The guards could handle this, right?

Then the thing stopped in front of me, deciding wether I was worth something or not. I could only get myself to crawl back to the very corner of my cell, silently begging for it to walk away.

And for one second, I thought it would.

But then someone yelled, pointing a dirty finger towards me. He had the eyes of the men who were previously located in the cell next to me—but then again, many of them did. Others followed his example, letting out yelps and roars. Get the harmless human girl, they probably thought. It'll be amusing to watch her struggle for her life, they probably yelled. But I didn't hear it. With every step the beast took forward, my heart rate dropped and the noise around me became less. All my senses were numbed, and the loud voices in front of me were nothing but a vague murmur.

"If you don't act out, they'll get to you."
A voice inside my head said.
"They'll take your life you, or worse. Use the powers you act so afraid of."

The monster reached out it's arm to destroy the only thing separating them from me. I sunk to my knees, breathless. My arm was still pressed against my face, and I didn't remove it even though I felt like I was choking. God, help me.

And I couldn't do a thing. There was just a glitch inside me. There were no crazy superpowers I could use, and I definitely wouldn't be able to move through a wall to save myself. I couldn't do a thing, I knew I couldn't.