20: Family

Already chapter 20, I should make them longer XD

-----

"I will always protect you"

Taehyung slowly grabbed Hyun's hand and helped her back up. The young girl was still crying, holding her stuffed animal, which was a teddy bear, close.

Her brother slowly wiped her tears away. It was their 6th birthday and some of the mean guys from school stole her teddy bear.

Taehyung had pushed the boys away and regained the teddy bear for his sister. He had tears in his eyes as well. "Don't worry, I will never let them hurt you" he said before hugging Hyun, who was slowly calming down due to her brother's comfort.

They held their hands tight together as they walked back to their parents. Hyun would never be alone.

- Flashback end -

The memory hits Hyun like a truck, making the tears run even more. She's so stupid!

She wipes her cheeks as other people are looking weirdly at her while walking past her in the tunnel.

There's no way she can talk to Taehyung now. With that thought in mind, she turns around and walks towards the tunnel's exit.

The way home seems longer than normal, making her thoughts run around, giving her a headache.

She's so egoistic.

- Time skip -

Jungkook is looking around in confusion before noticing the small note on the table. Taehyung is still out walking it seems.

He slowly gets up and goes downstairs. His whole body jumps as he sees a man standing in the entrance. Not an unfamiliar shape.

He quickly gets his body straight and bows, his eyes rush to the floor. The man turns around, leaning a bit on one of his legs.

"Jungkook. Why didn't you come to the arrangement?" The man asks. His deep voice made Jungkook's body shiver.

A cold chill runs down Jungkook's back as he remembers. Shit, the arrangement.

"I'm sorry dad, I fell asleep," the boy answers, still bowing in front of his father. The elder just looks down on his son, standing in a supercilious stand, making Jungkook feel uncomfortable.

"Stand up my boy," his father says. Jungkook straightens his back, looking into space. He knows what's coming.

No matter how many times it happens, he just can't get used to the feeling of his father's hand smacking the side of his face.

Jungkook's head is thrown to the right. He stands like that for a while, too scared to look at his father who's slowly rubbing his hand that is turning red after the impact with Jungkook's cheek.

"I will see you at home in 30 minutes." The father states before turning around and walking out of Jungkook's apartment.

The boy stands for a while in silence. The feeling hitting him is almost too normal, causing him to sigh before sliding his hand over the red mark on his cheek.

30 minutes? What if Taehyung comes back?

Jungkook's hit by a sudden carelessness. He walks into his room to change his clothes. After that, he gets to his car and drives towards his parents' house, not feeling any emotion, just holding his cold expression.

He did leave the door open. There's not much left he cares about after all.

- Time skip -

Taehyung opens the door to Jungkook's apartment and walks inside. He's confused why the elder is not up yet. The door to his room is slightly open, and Taehyung walks inside. He's not there.

Taehyung grabs his phone and types Jungkook's number.

"Where are you?"

It takes around 15 minutes before he gets an answer.

"Go home, I'll text you later" Jungkook answers. Taehyung is surprised by the cold message because Jungkook would normally call him when he texted or at least add a smiley or something. 

But where should he go? He doesn't want to go home... that will just cause too much trouble. An oafish thought hits him.

If he took the train, it would only take him 2 hours to arrive at Jin's house.

An oafish thought.