One

Regina's POV

I get up to my alarm which scares the crap out of me. I sit up and groan. Another day in hell. At least that's what it feels like. I get out of bed and look in my closet. What to wear? I never know.

"Alexa what's the weather like today?" I call out.

"High seventies with a little breezy." She says and I sigh. Too hot to wear a turtle neck. I try on a purple shirt but the v-neck is too much. Don't want to draw attention to myself. I try on a black tank top. Nope too revealing. I try on a cute navy blue dress but that's too short and shows too much of my body. Don't want to be a target. I end up putting on blue jeans that are too tight to wear outside but all my jeans fit like that. I put on a white short sleeve shirt and I put a white tank top on under to cover my chest. Too much cleavage. I curl my hair and put on some makeup. I put on lip gloss and then some white sneakers. I work at a fashion company so I always have to look nice. Or at least presentable. I grab a black purse and then put on some silver earrings and a cute charm bracelet. I eat a granola bar and an apple before heading out to see my therapist. Today I have my appointment with Dr Archie Hopper. I walk outside keeping my head down and I bump into someone.

"Sorry." I mumble and keep walking. I basically run to my car and when I get in I feel the tears coming. I check my back seat and then lock all my doors before staring the engine and letting it warm up for a few minutes. I drive to his office which is 35 minutes away. But he's the best therapist in New York. I park and then make my way into the building.

"Hi sign in." I sign in writing my name, the time and time of my appointment and what doctor I'm seeing. Weird I chose a male with everything that happened but he was highly recommended on the website and he's been very nice these past few months I've been seeing him.

"Regina Mills?" I stand up and follow him to his office. The door closes and I jump. That gets me every time

"I'm sorry. The door is really loud when it closes." I nod and sit down.

"How are you this morning?"

"Good I guess."

"Let's start how was getting dressed this morning?"

"Difficult. Being in the fashion industry you're always supposed to look your best. My closet has a lot of revealing things. I mean I don't dress slutty. But some cleavage shows. Um tight shirts or dresses. Tight pants. Don't want my stomach showing and I have some shirts like that. It's too hot to wear a turtle neck even in the seventies. But yeah. I just-"

"I understand. You think that's why you got molested. You think you need to cover yourself so it doesn't happen again." I stay quiet.

"It is! I mean why else would I be a target?"

"You're a beautiful woman."

"I don't feel beautiful."

"You're trying to hide your beauty. You're trying to be ugly when you can't. You're beautiful Regina and it's not your fault."

"I don't want to be beautiful." Finally after a few seconds I speak. I'm like that because who can I really trust?

"Well you are and you should be happy."

"Well I'm not. You have to understand why? I mean how can I feel beautiful? How can I love my self? When other people don't. When people can't ev-" I stop and look down.

"I want you to see someone else."

"I don't feel comfortable talking to anyone else about this Archie."

"I know. It took you four months to just sit in the couch instead of a chair by the door. Let alone talk to me. Or to even tell me what happened."

"Exactly."

"I want you to go to defense classes. Maybe that will make you feel more secure and safe."

"Maybe." I shrug looking out the window.

"It's a little drive from here but I had a young women who assaulted by a man and she feels so much safer knowing self defense. She says it really helps."

"Her name is Emma Swan. At Swan Defense. It's another 35 minutes away from here."

"Okay."

"I can see that you'll need some time. I will wait. Just think about it Regina. I think it could really help you out."

"Okay. Thank you."