Chapter 4

"You know you can sometimes be very creepy, right?" Cole asks a rhetorical question, but I answer anyway.

"Well, sorry. But I really don't know what you mean by that," I say back to him, not really understanding what he said.

"Well, first of all, you keep staring at me for no reason and when I ask you what you're actually doing, you pretend and say that you aren't. But in reality we both know you are, so what's really up?" The car comes to a stop, and right when I look up to see the familiar road I live on, signaling that we stopped since he's dropping me off or he wants to seriously talk about this. I instead see that we're on the street and we only stopped because the light turned red, neither of the options that I thought up. I guess I have to really think here and come up with an answer to his question... but was I really staring? Was I?

Here goes, "Sorry if I was making you seen uncomfortable. But I guess I was staring," I see from the corner of my eye that he nodded and then as if on cue, the light turns green and we speed away from where we stopped, "I was just looking at you, okay?" I finally breathe out the last sentence and take a deep breath, trying to control myself.

"Yeah, but WHY were you staring in the first place?" From this question I actually turn my head and look at him. He has on, plastered to his face, a huge smile. He's actually grinning! And then it hits me, he's having fun with this. He thinks this is somewhat a joke. Two can play at that game, I think with a smirk.

"I thought you knew, I mean you must know." I say with innocence in my voice, "You MUST know why I'm staring at you." I tease.

"Sorry, but repeating gate question a thousand times doesn't make me understand anything. I actually don't know what you're talking about," He says in the most casual tone I've ever heard that cam from him. This means he's trying to act collected, but inside he really wants to know what I got.

"Well if you don't, I really shouldn't tell you because you know..." I lean towards him and he leans towards me wanting to know what words will fall out of my mouth next. "It's a secret. About you." I whisper in his ear, making the breath I release move his hair a little. Making it seem as if he's outside with the wind blowing against him, ruffling his brown honey colored hair.

He stays in that position, leaning towards me, seeming like he's waiting for anything else I have to say. But when a few minutes go by he finally leans away from me and focuses on the road ahead of him, thinking. "You know, we've known each other for a long time. So I feel like you would tell me anything about me, TO me." For a second I thought that he might actually be tricked, but what I hear next makes that possibility disappear, "But as you may know, I don't care what other people think about me. So, therefore, I don't really care. So to get it over with, why were you staring at me?..." 

"Hello there?" Lost in thought, trying to come up with an answer, he turns his head slowly, so he was facing me-

Memory

"Hello there." I hear the man say in a deep and scratchy voice, and I realize that the man that's standing right before me is not Cole, but someone else, and that thought scares me. My heart skips a beat and I yell again, "Hey Cole, this isn't funny! Come out here, right now." But then there's silence except for the crunch under the man's feet, coming closer to me. Cole's not here right now, you'll just have to fend for yourself.

-then I feel a hand placed on my shoulder-

Memory

"What was that princess? You want something?" He says while taking a step forward, I turn myself on one foot and prepare myself for a sprint, but before I could take two whole steps, I feel a strong hand landing itself on my left arm, taking a huge grip and pulling me back before I could get another gulp of air. I feel myself going back and my back feeling something soft but firm material, before I realize what just happened he turns me around so I'm facing him. "You're quick for a girl." He says again in that scratchy voice. I feel my heart pounding uncontrollably in my chest and feel a scream wanting to come out of my throat, wanting to signal someone for help, but for some reason I won't let it out. Probably because of fear.

Before I could will myself to scream and yell for help, the man pulls me into him and leans his head towards mine, and I realize what he's doing, he wants to kiss me. This finally activates the scream... before he could bring his lips to touch mine, I took a breath in and screamed with all my might, for help. Before I knew it I hear feet crunching against the dirt on the ground and I feel the grip of the man's hand on my arm release, and I hit the ground with a thump, not enough time for me to catch my breath. 
I turn over on my side and I see wild black and gray blurs of movement right where I was standing before I hit the ground. I quickly feel a wave of nausea come over my head and I slowly close my eyes. Waiting to block out everything around me, the man...

-I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to block the memory that just happened an hour ago...-