Chapter 10

I wake up to something moving under me. It shifts again and I open my eyes and instantly see Cole. With his hair all fanning out against the pillow, he just seems so innocence in this very moment. Then I notice that my heads laying on his chest. Have I been sleeping like this the whole night? As I just realize this I feel my face heat up and I try to move my hand away from wear it was laying on his chest. 

From the movement, Cole moves his head a little and lets out a huge sigh. I smile at his sudden movement and quickly snatch my hand away, not wanting him to wake up. 

having finally escaped, I roll myself over onto my other side. How long was I like that? With my head and head laying on his chest? Just blushing at the thought of physical contact in that way with him. I sit up and try to stand on the floor. 

I walk over to my bathroom and turn on the shower, hopefully Cole's a heavy sleeper. Once the water's hot enough for me, I strip all of my clothes off and step in. The hot water against my skin feels so nice. how long has it been since I last showered? Probably yesterday, but it still feels so nice and relaxing. The way the water splashes against my face, letting myself push my hair back against my head, away from my face.

I quickly clean myself and turn the shower off, steam going everywhere in the bathroom. Then noticing that I forgot my clothing, I wrap myself in a robe, quickly thanking myself for putting it there before. I open the door slowly, wondering if Cole's still sleeping on my bed. As i peek through the tiny crack I just opened I look towards my bed. 

I release a reassuring breath, he's not here. I quickly run to my drawer and grab the things I need. Which is anything that's on top since I don't want Cole coming in here and seeing me like this. then I quickly run back to the bathroom and lock the door behind me. 

Thank god he wasn't there, I wouldn't know what to do. I quickly see what I got and put it on with a shrug, not the most stylish thing, but it'll have to do. When I'm done getting dressed I look at the girl in the mirror. 

I see empty light brown eyes staring back at me. how did I get such empty eyes? Was it a year ago? maybe even a week ago? I see light brown hair starting to curl up once it comes it contact with air and starts to dry off. I raise my hand to touch my hair and notice how smooth it is. Then I move my hand up, up to nose. When did I get a nose piercing? Now that I'm thinking about it, it must've been so long ago. 

I look at my reflection again and see someone else. Someone with empty eyes, curly wet hair, and a nose piercing. As I look I try to remember who this is, who I am. But all I see is someone else, someone who's stolen my skin.

I let go of a long sigh and step away from the mirror, reaching a hand out to open the door. Have I always been so oblivious to myself? I open the door and take a step out. 

"Hey, I made some eggs is you want some." I hear someone say just as I close the door behind me. 

"Wow, you scared me there for a second," I turn around and see Cole leaning against the door frame of my room. "Um, sure. I'll have some."

He nods and walks back out. How am I going to make it through this day? Today just seems so heavy. Like I can feel the weight on my shoulders getting stronger and stronger. Just waiting until I fall down and crumple. 

I shake the thoughts out of my head and walk after him, towards the kitchen.

_________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

what do you guys think of this chapter? I know it's short but I felt like I had to end it somewhere.

please vote and comment if you want!!!