Chapter 6

I open my eyes, making the dream disappear. Was it a dream, it was so realistic? I lay against a couch, an orange couch, I look around and see that I'm in my apartment. I look to my left and see Cole laying on the other end of the couch, making a comfortable distance between us. But not too far away that when I scream out, as I did in my dream, he'll come.

The scream I must've yelled out while I was asleep, seemed to have woken Cole up, since he shifted a little in his sitting position and slowly opened his eyes. "You okay Dev?" Now I could see his eyes and it was easy to read them and I see forgiveness. He wants forgiveness? "Yeah, I'm okay. I just had a bad dream."

"You should rest some more today, you completely freaked out in the car and blacked out after. I'm sorry about before, I should've been there to protect you." Cole lowers his head, making his brown hair cover his eyes, I quickly feel a shiver go through my body from the night before and I quickly want to change the subject. Anything that'll make me forget that what occurred last night never happened.

I leaned forward and placed a hand on his leg. God he looks so cute with his hair like that, it makes him look shy. Something I'd never thought I'd see, but the unknown expression makes him look so much more attractive.

"You were off doing your thing, and I was off doing my thing. It was totally not your fault." I say to him in a whisper. "Well anyway, it's Saturday, let's forget about it." I take my hand away and decided to stand up, and I instantly feel the cold floor from the bottom of my feet, I quickly shiver and try to get used to it. Not wanting Cole to freak out again.

Cole stands up automatically and asks, "You cold, I could get you a blanket?" I quickly smile and reply, "No I'm fine I just have to change into some warmer clothes. I'll be right back!" I turn on my feet, trying not to flinch from the sharp pain sparking all over my feet, and turned a corner, sticking my hand out. My hand finds a knob and I quickly turn it and walked in. Closing the door after me.

Faded grey-black painted walls, furry and grey carpeted floor, a twin sized bed with whites sheets pushed into the corner of the room, a thick and furry, dark grey blanket with huge furry pom-poms hang off the edges laying spread out over the bed, 2 soft and squishy graphic design  pillows stuffed in the front of the bed, a comfortable, white hammock hanging from the ceiling in the other corner of my room, a long black desk shoved in the other corner of my room.

I walk over to the closet right beside my desk and open the door, I open a drawer and begin my search for my shirt. Once I got all my clothes together; a regular shade of grey with 'geek' in big, bold, black letters in the middle for my shirt, dark blue jeans with rips on the thighs, black and puffy leather jacket that looks like what a motorcycle driver might wear, and soft, huge sponge-bob slippers.

- and I quickly started to get dressed-

........

When I come out I see Cole laying on the couch asleep and I look towards the oven clock. It read 8:37. Knowing how late it was and how he likes his sleep I head over to him and place a blanket over his body. Feeling my presence, he jerks away quickly and sits up almost instantly, reminding me of a robot. But then I saw his eyes. His eyes were huge but not in a normal way, the way your eyes grow big when your scared. I've never seen that emotion expressed on his face before.

 And it scared me.

He focuses his eyes on me and it look of fear in his eyes instantly disappears, concern taking its place. 
"Oh sorry, I must've drifted off. What time is it?"
Feeling warmth grow in my stomach, knowing that he needed me I say with a smile, "it's 8:40."
"Is it really that or are you approximating it?" He asks with a mischief look in his eyes. Making me forget of what I saw before in them.
"Jeez Cole. What's your problem with time? Does it really hurt you to not know the exact time?" I say emphasizing the word exact.
He offers me a goofy grin before asking,"Are you hungry? I can run out and grab something to eat?"

Before I could respond with words my stomach did instead, grumbling- the only way it can communicate. "Well i guess that's my answer." He grins, making my insides turn to mush and the warmth returning. He then stands up yawning and stretching. When he finally finishes his "getting ready" movements he stands still and squeezes my shoulders, looking deep into my eyes. "You'll be okay staying here by yourself?" He says, his voice suddenly lowering by 2 octaves.

With a confused look I said,"Why wouldn't I be?"

But instead of answering me, he just shakes his head and looks away. "Just take care of yourself okay? I'll be back in a little bit." And with that he walks past me lifting his hands from my shoulders, leaving a sudden coldness on them. He opens the door and looks back with a concerned look on his face, as if waiting for an answer. But when nothing happens, he drops his head and closes the door after him.

______________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Just read this after a couple of month, don't know if this is the best work I've written. But I'm gonna try to actually work on it!!!

please comment and vote! totally understand if you don't, I personally get annoyed when people say these kinds of things... 

But it makes me light up when I see votes and comment!