Chapter 11

I put my elbows on the counter and cover my eyes with the palms of my hands. "Ughhhhhh. Why am I so freaking tired?" Keeping my eyes closed, I run my hands through my hair, feeling my fingers get caught on the tangles.

"Well what can you expect? You fell asleep at 5 in the morning and wake up at 3 in the afternoon on the same day. No matter how much sleep you get, you're always tired." He says the last part with a chuckle.

I open my eyes just to roll them at his ridiculous comment. "Aren't you tired? We went to bed at nearly the same time." I say leaning back into the chair

"Nope." I turn my head towards him. Sitting right beside me in his outfit from last night still on, a gray shirt with jeans. He's leaning against the counter while he takes a sip of coffee from his mug- well technically my mug from my kitchen. 

"That is what I need. A cup of coffee. The freaking answer to life." I I raise my arms up in a wave motion you get ready to do at soccer games. 

"This is how I know you actually need coffee, when you've actually lost it and use the word freaking too many times. It's not even a real curse word." Ughhhh. I really need coffee. And fast, before I go full crazy on his dude.

"Leave me alone and give me my coffee." I sigh out, already giving up on trying to talk to Cole.

Surprisingly Cole walks around to the other side of the counter and pours me a cup full of hot delicious coffee.

"Ohhhh thank gosh!" I say with my lips on the lip of the mug, about to take a sip of the warm, delicious coffee.

Cole replies with rolling his eyes and turn his back to me, leaning against the counter top. 

"You know what else I'm craving for?" i say with my eyes above my mug so that I make eye contact with him as he turns around to face me.

His face resembles somewhat of a grumpy cat, lips turned down in a frown with empty eyes looking right at me. 

"I really hate you." He mumbles under his breath.

I smile, "I know!"

As I gulp down the rest of the coffee left in my mug, I jump off the chair and walk over to there door.

"Where are you going?"

"We're going out to satisfy my craving!" I say, letting my feet do a 180 spin to look back at Cole. With my hand on the doorknob, I tilt my head and put on a innocent smile on my face.

As Cole shakes his head, he places his cup down and grabs the car keys placed on the table from the other night. I quickly put my shoes on and open the door to a warm gust of air trying to push it's way into the apartment. 

I smile as the wind fits my face, but as it gradually goes away I hide the smile on my face and step out onto the steps. 

I've lived in this apartment for a year now and it feels home. How living on the third floor has its perks, the neighbor two doors down who always plays loud music when he showers, the dogs barking outside my window, and the smell of fresh flowers every time you open the window for cold air. this isn't the fanciest apartment, but it's nice enough that we have our own swimming pool. One that doesn't have ugly cracks on the walls and gets clean enough that mostly of the time it doesn't have any leaves floating around in it. 

I keep walking, not going to wait for Cole when I see a piece of paper taped to one of the doors. the door three doors down with the guy who places loud music,  I feel bad for whoever has to live with that guy next door. 

I take a step towards the door, squinting at the letters and notice that it's a sign saying that it's open and someone's finally taken it. it doesn't surprise me since I've heard the loud music guy get complaints of how loud his music is. it's been empty for weeks. but no matter what, he ignores them and I'm still surprised why he's still here and not kicked out. that's one of the perks of living here, the apartment owner doesn't really care.

"Whatcha looking at?" I turn to see Cole focusing his gaze on the paper he distracted me from.

"It's just saying that this room is finally taken. No one has lived here in a while, which doesn't really surprise me. I would go crazy if I had to listen to that guy play his music right next to me. I just feel bad for the dude moving in."

I turn around and start to walk down the walkway, towards the parking lot. "Are you coming or not?" I ask over my shoulder, not needing to look where he is. I've known Cole long enough to know if he's following me or not.

Now off to fill my craving.

..................................

"I still can't believe you're letting me drive your car. you're so protective over thing piece of metal it's hilarious." with one hand on the wheel, I lean forward and pat the dashboard.

"I'm such an idiot." he mumbles under his breath glaring at me with dagger eyes.

"You don't have to tell me twice." turning my head to try looking at him, I offer him a big smile. mocking him as he continues to glare with me with those "laser" eyes.

Changing the subject he asks, "Where are you even taking me anyway?"

"You don't have to worry about that, just sit back and relax."

He mumbles something under his breath I didn't catch, but it just makes me smile even more. I love teasing Cole.

I roll down the window and feel the wind making my hair lash out against my neck. I raise my hand to the tune button and turn on the radio. the first song that came up, I cranked the volume up until I could practically feel my eardrums bleeding.

________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm having trouble thinking of who should move into the room next door... maybe a boy or some random person...

Thanks for reading! (if really anyone is...)