one

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?" a rough man's voice coming from an alleyway was heard as Bucky Barnes and Diana Prince walked by while making their way to the event happening a few blocks away.

"I can do this all day."

The pair saw the smaller man fall into the trash bins as they came closer. Bucky hastily hurried to the scene with an angry look on his face.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size." Bucky stated as he grabbed the man's arm and pushed him back. The man threw another punch. Moving quickly, Bucky dodged his fist and hit the man in the face and kicked the man's behind.

"Are you okay, sir?" Diana ran to the fragile man still laying on the ground and helped him up. Before he could answer, Bucky interrupted.

"Sometimes, I think you like getting punched." Bucky said as he walked to the two.

"I had him on the ropes." The man said while touching his face in pain.

"Like I was saying, are you alright?" Diana turned to him and brushed away the dirt on his jacket.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you, ma'am." He looked at Diana, and he was shocked to see a woman like her next to him.

"Ah, you're from Paramus now," Bucky said looking down at a piece of paper. "you know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously Jersey?" Diana nudged his arm.

"You get your orders?" The man asked.

"The 107th, Sergeant James Barnes, shipping out for England first thing tomorrow." Bucky stated proudly.

"I should be going." He said sadly, when Bucky swung his arm around his shoulders, trying to cheer him up.

"It's my last night! Gotta get you cleaned off." Bucky said.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to the 'future' as what Barnes likes to call it," Diana said following next to Bucky as she handed him a newspaper. "but we're actually going to see the expo that Howard Stark will be in."

"By the way, this is Diana Prince. Diana meet my best friend, Steve Rogers. She's my date I'm bringing with me." Bucky smiled. Diana slightly pushed him. "I'm kidding. I'm just messing around with you. But I know sooner or later, you will change your mind about us." He continued to laugh as he walked in front of Steve and Diana.