eleven

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

The second World War was officially over. Everyone was happy and relieved to see that Hitler and the Red Skull were off the face of the Earth. The air felt light and refreshing. Everyone's life seemed to be filled with joy at this point, but Diana's. She was still devastated from the loss of Steve Rogers. Also Bucky Barnes. The trio seemed to be inseparable for those few months they spent fighting together. Not only that, but it felt like deja vu to her. Like a repeat of the first World War when she lost Steve Trevor. She lost all of the important men in her life.

Luckily, Peggy and Howard were there to comfort the grieving warrior. She was grateful to be working with them. Their bonds with each other became stronger.

The trio was outside, celebrating the end of the war. There was a huge crowd in the middle of Times Square with confetti flying everywhere. Howard was in between the two women, holding their arms as they walked to the center. Diana looked around to see posters of Captain America in his costume, and the poster had the words 'THANK YOU' plastered on it. She looked down at the file in her hand.

There was a board with all the fallen heroes' pictures on it. When the three got close to it, Diana opened the file she brought with her. Inside of it was a picture of Steve and Bucky. The two were smiling brightly. Diana remembered the memory like it was just yesterday. It was her favorite photo of the two that she had taken of them while they were all joking around with each other. Diana touched the photo, wishing she could feel their presence again.

"Here, Diana." Howard said as Peggy and him helped her add the photo on the board. They all stopped and admired the beautiful picture, wondering how life would be different if they were here. The warrior smiled as tears formed in her eyes, but she didn't let them escape. 

Howard patted her on the shoulder and held her in one arm and Peggy in the other as they walked away.

★ ★ ★

It was some time later in life and Diana was thinking of a plan. She sat in front of a type writer that was placed on her neat desk and was right next to the framed photo Steve Rogers. Diana looked at the photo and smiled. They would probably be taking on the world together, fighting all evil that came in the way. The princess had her hands folded in front of her mouth, focusing. Then she began to write at the top of the page.

Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage and Law-Enforcement Division 

She typed out the rest of the information that was planned out in her head. Diana later called a group meeting that Howard, Peggy, and Philips attended.

She threw the file onto the table and Howard grabbed it.

"What's this?" He questioned looking through the pages.

"I've been thinking... to create some sort of organization. To help people." Diana stated as she leaned against the table.

"So you want to run a group of people to help save the world if there's another person, like the Red Skull guy, that wants to take over the world." Philips asked as he finished reading.

"Yes." She said firmly, nodding her head.

"I think it's a bloody great idea." Peggy spoke up after reading it.

"Then let's do it."

That was the beginning of a new chapter in her life.

★ ★ ★

Author's Note:

It's the end! Hope you guys enjoyed the book even though it was very short with only eleven chapters in it. Please vote and comment if you want a sequel because I'll definitely do it. Thank you for reading.

May 19, 2019