nine

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house. He thinks he's a god and is willing to blow up half the world to prove it." Colonel Philip's started to say as his eyes lingered at Diana. "Starting with the USA."

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities." Howard Stark said as he sat next to Diana. "He gets across the Atlantic, he'll wipe out the entire Eastern sea board in an hour."

Everyone was silent, especially Steve who was usually the one to have an opinion and take charge. But this time he was quietly looking through all the papers that were scattered in front of him.

"How much time we got?" A man spoke up.

"According to my new best friend, under twenty four hours." Colonel Philips stated.

"Where is he now?" Diana questioned.

"HYDRA's last base is here." Philips pointed at a black and white photograph. "In the Alps. Five hundred feet below the surface."

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Another soldier spoke up.

"It's not like we could just knock on the front door."

"Why not?" Steve finally spoke up, which caused everyone to stare at him.

"That's exactly what we're going to do."

★ ★ ★

Diana was holding onto Steve's waist tightly as they raced through the foggy forest on his motorcycle. A group of HYDRA soldier appeared behind them and began to fire the blue beams. Luckily Diana's shield was behind her to protect her from it. Steve pressed a button which shot out two wires from the back of the motorcycle and were attached to the trees next to them. Diana looked behind them to see some of the soldiers ducking and two of them being flown back from the wire hitting them.

Steve pressed another button which unleashed fire behind them, causing one of the HYDRA men to catch on fire and lose control of their motorcycle. The other solider hit something and was flown off his motorcycle.

"Two more to go." Diana said as she watched the last two go on a different path and roll in front f them.

Steve sped up and Diana took out one of the parts of the motorcycle which caused it to blow up. Steve and Diana both looked at each other, amused and proud.

The two came at the entrance of the base where there was a tank ready to fire at them. Diana stood up on the back of the motorcycle, carefully watching her balance and jumped high up and landed on top of the tank. She used her shield and took out the engine of the vehicle, making it explode. Steve drove his motorcycle up the ledge of the base, while Diana was next to him running quickly. She jumped off the ledge and Steve sped off of it at the same time.