epilogue

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Steve opened his eyes to see the sun beaming into the room he was in. He was confused, thoughts running across his mind as he was trying to remember what happened the last time he was awake.

He slowly sat up on the edge of the bed while listening to the radio on the dresser. The sound of cheering came from it and he looked over at it. He furrowed his eyebrows and saw movement at the door.

"Good morning," She smiled calmly. "or should I say afternoon."

"Where am I?"

"You're in a recovery room in New York City." She said and then came silence between the two. Steve listened carefully to the radio.

"Where am I really?" Steve asked again.

"I'm afraid I don't understand." The woman muttered.

"The game. It's from May 1941, I know because I was there." Steve stated. He realized something was wrong when he saw the woman's smile fade. He slowly got up from the bed.

"Now I'm going to ask you again. Where am I?"

"Captain Rogers-" She began but was interrupted by him.

"Who are you!" He yelled.

Out of no where two soldiers suddenly pushed the door into the room. Steve became panicked and threw the two men into the wall, breaking it. He jumped out of the fake room, looking around at the surroundings.

"Captain Rogers, wait!" The woman yelled.

The super-soldier ignored her and busted through the door. When he exited the room he heard the speakers ringing with the woman's voice.

"All agents, code thirteen. I repeat, all agents, code thirteen."

Everyone looked at him and began to chase him. He pushed passed anyone who got in his way and kept running. From there, he exited the building and felt the New York air on his skin. He looked around confused for a moment and ran in the middle of the road as cars honked at him.

Steve Rogers felt like he was in a different world. He looked around, puzzled. Then black cars surrounded him in the middle of Times Square.

"At ease, soldier." Steve looked to see a man standing behind him with an eye patch over his left eye.

"Look I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it would be best to break it to you slowly."

"Break what?" Steve let out.

"You've been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years." The man stated.

The realization hit him as he looked around. That's why everything was different to him. He missed out on everything. Then he thought about Diana, wondering if she was still alive and around. He began to shake his head at the thought.

"You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just... I had a date."

★ ★ ★

Author's Note:

Okay that's officially the end of this book. I'll probably update this book again when I release the next book, but this is the last chapter! Stay tuned for the second book.

May 19, 2019