•princess•

quick a/n: 400+ reads! what the heckkkk thanks so much! xx

george's pov
i click the order button on the left hand side of the jewellery shop website and gently close the lid of my laptop. i silently walk out of the room where y/n is sleeping. when i get to the kitchen i pick up the black kettle and shake it a bit to check if it had enough water for two cups of tea. deciding there was enough i set the kettle back down flick the switch, the stereotypical boiling noise.

the kettle stops boiling and i pot two cups of steaming hot tea into some mugs. i add milk and some sugar for y/n. taking them both in my hands, trying not to spill them, i walk back into my bedroom. y/n is awake now and she's sitting up slightly "good morning, beautiful" i say, handing her, her tea. she smiles sweetly up at me and says "thanks, georgie" i blush pink at her words. i'm not too sure why, just something about it makes me elated.

i need to go to the jewellers in town today to pick up the promise ring i order for y/n earlier. "i need to go out and get some milk" i say she nods and i sip my tea as i walk out of the room. the lot liquid scolds my lips slightly but i soon get used to it.

after i've drank my tea i slip on a light jacket, shout bye to y/n and walk out of the apartment.

•skippidy doo daa•

i reach the small ring shop and wait at the counter. a small woman, around 60 comes out from the back of the shop. "hello deary" she says "what can i do for you?" "uhh- i'm here to pick up a ring, names george andrew." i reply, i feel anxious, what if y/n doesn't like it? or worse reject it? "ahh yes, one second" the woman shuffles into the back room again

a moment passes and she shuffles back in to the counter with a small, black ring box. "is this the one?" she opens the box and a beautiful crown shaped ring with a minuscule diamond on it and 'promise' engraved on the inside.

 "is this the one?" she opens the box and a beautiful crown shaped ring with a minuscule diamond on it and 'promise' engraved on the inside

it's perfect.

y/n's pov
george left around an hour ago? where is he? i bet he's with that girl. i roll my eyes and slump down on the sofa. alex still wasn't back from james' yet.
ding ding
my phone went off and i lazily picked it up. it was george.

georgie💛
hey! i will be back soon, meet me outside the apartment in 5? xx
me:
yeah okay, i've been worried! where have u been? xx
georgie💛
don't worry about that, see you in 5 xx

i get up from the sofa and slip my phone into my back pocket. i pull on some converse shoes. before leaving i check myself in the mirror .

i'm wearing some ripped jeans and a maroon jumper

i'm wearing some ripped jeans and a maroon jumper. i swing the apartment door open and shut it behind me. i half sprint, half walk to the stairs i rush down them, nearly tripping over my own feet. i'm anxious about what george is gonna tell me.

what is he's braking up with me? no. he wouldn't of put kisses at the end of his texts. i reach the front doors and retreat my hands into my jumper sleeves, the door handle is cold and i can feel the icy-ness through my jumper.

george is waiting outside, a big smile is on his face but at the same time he looks anxious.

he takes me to the park where he asked me to be his girlfriend. it's not set up or anything but it's still beautiful, it's just about golden hour and the sun is shining on us. he stands still, i mirror him. he takes my hand in his and pulls something out of his back pocket. his dark curled hair looks like his run his fingers through it.

or someone has.

he lets go of my hand and hold the box in front of me. it looks suspiciously like a ring box but i don't want to assume anything. he opens the box and a gorgeous rosey gold ring is revealed. "y/n..." he says in a quiet, soft voice, not whispering, just quiet. "i want to promise you something.." 'promise' the word echos in my head, bouncing around my brain. "i want to promise you that, i will always be faithful to you, and i will always be here for you, no mater the circumstances." he pauses to breathe, he licks his lips slightly before continuing "i promise that one day, i will make you my wife"

tears roll down my cheeks as i nod, he slips the ring into my finger, and kisses me firmly on the lips.

~lottie 🐝