THE CONFRONTATION

Chapter 9

"Fuck!"

"What's the matter...is there something wrong?"

"I'm sorry Amanda, you can stay here, but what we had before was...."

"Is it because of her?"

"Yes, she is to be my wife."

"I thought so too, when you didn't respond to my kisses I knew there was someone else. I'm sorry... I didn't mean for her to see us that way. I'm so sorry, let me talk to her and I'll explain everything."

"There's no need for that."

"I'm terribly sorry, I'll should just leave."

"Vixxy....hmmm.... is something wrong?"

I didn't notice we were already in front of Minerva's room, it was when Maria pulled the edge of my shirt that I got back from my thought.

"Oh nothing baby... there's nothing wrong, come on you let's go inside your mama is waiting."

Why am I even allowing myself to think about it. It's good that he's with someone else, it means we don't need to go through with the engagement and all. That's a good thing, but why am I feeling this way? I just don't get it."

"Mama!"

"Maria! I'm so glad to see you, have you been a good girl while I was asleep?"

"Yes mama I've been a very good girl, right Vixxy?"

"Yes baby you've been a very... very good girl."

I smiled widely to support what I said. Maria played with her mother's hands, while she was sitting beside her.

"Are you feeling better now Minerva?"

"Yes I'm feeling better now, thanks to all your help."

"That's good to hear then."

"Can I talked to Mr. Alvioure? I wanted to thank him for what he did for us."

"Ahhmmm... he's kinda busy, but maybe later you can ahhhh....talk to him."

"Thank you, if you don't mind me asking do you have a problem Miss Alderuxe?"

Was it written all over my face? Was I too obvious?

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

I tried to smile truthfully but I guess it didn't reach my eyes after all.

"Okay but if you're troubled you can talk to me, it's the least I can do."

There was something in the way she said it like in a motherly way that made me feel good. I guess, I just miss my mom after all this years.

"Thanks Minerva."

I was on my way to Calliope's room when I saw her walking towards me. We both stopped from our tracks, I didn't want the situation to be as awkward as it already is so I decided to talk to her first.

"Hi!"

"About earlier...."

"No don't worry about it I under.."

"I'm not apologizing."

"What?"

"I said I'm not sorry for what I did. He was mine before he became yours, and I want him back. I'll make sure this time you won't be the reason for him to leave me again."

Everything she said slowly registered in my head, was I really the reason why he left her? I actually didn't know what to say. Should I defend myself, that I didn't intend to ruin their relationship or Should I feel sorry for her?

"I just wanted to make things clear, oh! and one last thing can you please distance yourself from him, it's not a request it's an order."

That was it, I have reached my limit. I didn't think she'd actully get into my nerves but I get back what I said, she's honestly getting into my nerves, with that bitchy tone of hers. This is one of those situations calling out for the vixen inside of me.

"It's not like I could distance myself from him because the last time I checked I'm his fiance, and I need not remind you that we are to be married, I don't want any slut like you near him. I just hope you understand that, oh... by the way it's not a request it's an order."

I hope she get's the sarcasm, her face was freaking priceless, that's what you get for slamming on the wrong door.