A HAND FULL OF SURPRISES

Chapter 12

Cipher was now interrogating the intruders, I just hope this end up well. They must've came here with a reason. I was standing beside Calli when I noticed Cipher's right shoulder gushing with blood, he must've gotten it from the girl with the daggers.

"I'm Janahiah, and she's Jeanina. We came here to get her."

She pointed at my side, I tried to look pass me but then realizing I was the one they were referring to.

"What do you fucking mean you came here to get her?"

His hands turned into a tight ball.

"We were ordered to get her and we know nothing more."

"Tell me who it is that ordred you to kidnap her."

"It was....."

The brunette one named Jeanina, stood up and crossed her arms.

"Dr. Ross"

I was the one involved with the matter that's why I decided to step up and ask a few questions. I just hope they could answer them.

"Who's this Dr. Ross?"

She paused for a minute, before opening up her mouth to speak up again.

"He was the one in'charge with our shelter, the place became the refuge of the other survivors. Including me and Jeanina. He was talking about a cure that could save man kind, and he said that you were the first step to the cure."

She looked straight in my eyes, and I knew she wasn't lying. What does she mean about me being the first step to the cure? Then realization hit me, the address to the place my brother wanted us to go, the place that holds answers, and the cure.

"You can't have her."

"Why not if it's for mankind?"

"I won't allow it."

Cipher said with a deadly serious face.

"and if you insist on what you came here to do, then I will just have to kill the both of you."

I was on my way upstairs when I remembered that he was wounded. I came back only to see Amanda cleaning up his wounded shoulder. I felt my chest tightend, I knew the reason for it but I don't wanna entertain the thought. I guess what she said was true that I was the reason why they broke up. I was about to leave when I felt tears running down my face, I turned away from them but then he saw me, the reason for my tears.

I saw her by the door, with tears on her eyes, I went up even if Amanda was tending my wound. I just had this feeling that I should go after her. That Dr. fucking Ross ain't gonna be the reason for me to lose her.

My knuckels had gone red, I couldn't control clenching my fists through the hem of my dress. I heared him call out to me but I didn't bother to stop, but I came to a hault when he grabbed my arms and made me turned to face him. I made a mistake looking straight at his candescent green eyes, he was intently looking at me.

"What do you want?"

"Is there something you wish to tell me?"

It was on the tip of my tounge, that I came back to help him with his wound.

"I... I ...... I came back looking for Calli I... I thought she was still there."

I looked down, feeling the uneasiness of my heartbeat. He motioned my chin, inorder for him to have a good look of my face.