Chapter 9

Kingson's P.O.V.

I start to attempt to calm down Mason. I pick him up and sit down with him. He's a sobbing mess.

"Shhh..." I whisper in his ear gently caressing his hair.

"Shhhh...Mason..Mason...I need you to look at me ok?" I waited a second, but he did as told.

"Good boy now take a deep breath. She's with us now. No one can hurt her. Not now and not ever."Finally after reassuring him for a bit he starts to sniffle and calm down.

I set him in the rocking chair going over to our princess. I skan her body knowing I'm going to kill whoever did this. Just then it was almost pure silence except for mine and mason's breathing. Then Doctor Reed come in a few moments later so does Chaya. Then James. Doctor Reed rushes over to Scarlett and starts to examine her. Then he walks over to me,

"Kingson may I?" He asks. I nod.

"She has two broken ribs, a couple more fractured. She is malnourished and very under-weight. Multiple bruisings and what also look to be like cigiratte or cigar burns. She has multiple scars and cuts on her stomach, hips, and upper thighs. She looks if this beating or what ever has happened to her occurred no more than a day or two ago." Doc. Finishes.

My heart broke into a million pieces at those words. It was horrible knowing if we just would have found her a little sooner or if we were faster, it could have been prevented.. The. Doc. Must. Have seen my face,

""It also appears that this is not the first time. It actually judging by scars looks like an every other day thing for her body."

"Can you help her?" I ask sternly. He nods and get to work quickly.  I look over to Chaya. She smiles sadly. I take her and Jame's to the living room.

""What do you know of this?" I ask Chaya.

""Everything, I know. What happens. I know who. I know where. I just don''t know why." Chaya says sitting down across from me.

"Start talking!" I demand sitting down. I pat my lap and James immedantly sits there like a good boy.

"It's not Jackson ("Father") doing this but it happens right under his nose. No, me and Scarlett are only with Jackson if instructed. Other-wise we are to stay in his home or the house. But Jackson lives on the fifth floor; His wife and her lover live on the second floor. They beat us. I was bought from a human trafficking action. They found Scarlett on the streets saying it would be good to have another bitch around. They would beat us and use us. They have a deep hate for Scarlett. She always took my beatings. Mrs. Stone's (Jackson's wife) lover has touched me and tried to touch Scarlett. She always fights to add a beating. They rarely feed us but when they do Scarlett gives me her food. I try to refuse but then she told me how it would go to waste. She has an eating disorder. They are bad people and I believe Jackson is unaware of all of it but the eating disorder." She says showing her scars and bruises.

"Are you aware of her self harming?"

"Self harming No, she wouldn't do that."

"Yes, some of them are self inflicted Chaya."

"No!!" Chaya starts to have a break down. James helps her and I go to help Doctor Reed.