The Date

"Oh, before we leave, I need to discuss something with Mag." "Okay..." he says like he doesn't care. "You can come with too," I replied reassuringly. "Besides it's not about you," I swear I saw him drop his shoulders by half a centimeter as he relaxed. "Okay." He replied his tone gaining more warmth than it had before. I wonder why that is, I thought to myself. 

I walk into Mag's room and find him and Fierro cuddling on the couch watching Yuri! on Ice, they pause the show and both look at me and TJ. "Awwww!! Look Maggie, our little one is going on a date!!" Alex teases. "Stahp please!" I beg. All of us laugh at the statement though. "Magnus, I have to talk with you about something," I say mysteriously. "O-okay?" He questions. "Do I have to get up? Because I'm pretty warm." Alex snuggles closer. "No." "Okay." He relaxes. "WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR MIND THAT YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR IS BEIGE??" I demand. Everyone, except for Magnus, doubles over laughing. "I'VE BEEN WONDERING THE SAME THING EVER SINCE I SAW HIS ROOM!!" Alex yells. Magnus blushes more than when I first brought it up. "Um... I- uh... I don't know?" He claims as his voice gradually raises by 2.5 octaves. "I should sort that out huh?" "YES!" TJ, Alex, and I yell simultaneously. "Okay geez. Didn't know that many of our group was in agreement on one topic, without variation." He says half sarcastic and half serious. "Anyway, we should go," TJ says to the three of us. "Yes, I agree," I say. "Don't stay out too late!" Magnus yells to us as the door is already half closed. "And always use protect-" Alex didn't get to finish her statement as I hurriedly closed the door. I look at TJ and he's bright red, as am I because we both know what she was about to say.

We leave the hotel and go somewhere for food. It looks like a pretty elegant place outside and in. The host greets us in a language I do not recognize and TJ responds perfectly in the same language. Crap, that's French. I realize. How does he know my 'weakness' for the 'Language of Love'? I wonder. I quickly dismiss the thoughts as he leads us to our table and hands us each a menu and walks away. We order and eat our food, pay, and leave. We are halfway to Hotel Valhalla for the night as it's almost ten pm. I turn to look at him and look at how the moonlight shines and defines his features. So bold and yet they belong to this handsome, kind, and sweet person walking with me that I live right down the hall from. He turns to look at me and I realize that he caught me staring and I hurriedly look away. I stop walking and he stops too. "Is something wrong?" He asks. "No no, not at all." I quickly say. I cup his face with both of my hands and he turns bright red. I kiss him on the cheek and embrace him in this big hug as a singular tear rolls down my face. Once I pull away, he smiles as he cups half of my face in one hand and wipes away that same tear. "Hey, I liked that." He says, faking indignance because it ended. "I know. I just wanted to thank you that way too for grabbing me out of that horrid mob of people." "It's honestly no problem at all." He says. "I don't want you thinking that you owe me for all eternity," he adds. "I know, it just meant that much to me," I state. He holds out his arm and I take it. Because he is slightly taller than me, I can lay my head on his shoulder as we walk and not have it be uncomfortable in any way.

We arrive back at Valhalla and we go to my room, he doesn't come in though because we both have to get to bed. We hug the other, "Thank you for tonight Hal. I don't know about you, but tonight was one of the best nights I've ever had." "Well, thank you for getting the courage to ask me to go because I know that it was one of mine too." We detach and I close the door. I walk to my dresser and change into my pajamas and flop onto the bed and the last thing running through my head was that beautiful and slightly energizing smile he gave me after I pecked him on the cheek.