TWENTY

This is a double update as per usual- Chapter 19 was uploaded before this so please make sure you read them in the correct order :)

Harley Anderson

Nobody was kidding when they said that this track was different to Emery's. In fact, they weren't clear enough about it.

Unlike Emery's track that was structured and run like a proper business, this track doesn't have that. There's no betting room or man managing paperwork. Instead, a tall man simply asks who wants to race against the champion and then someone randomly volunteers and they begin the race while the crowd bet amongst themselves. While Emery's track had a mixture of the latest cars and older cars, this track has only modern cars. From Lamboginis to Bugattis and Ferraris and Dodgers- you name it.

Along with that, the kind of people here are just different. Very, very different. Definitely more dangerous too. And since the track is in neither of the gang's territories, it means that there are various King members around me. That thought alone scares the living shit out of me and I'm surprised I'm not hyperventilating.

It's funny how I haven't being a part of this world for very long and I can already tell the Kings from the Slithers. Besides them all having bandanas on them somewhere, they just look and hold themselves differently. Where as the Slither members scowl and sneer at every person who is not part of the gang, the Kings members mind their own business, talking amongst themselves and laughing as if they aren't part of some messed up syndicate. Only when a Slither member comes near them do they take on their masks of deadly calm. Most of them speak in Spanish to one another and I pick up on a few things when they walk by. However, they stay on one side of the track while we stay on the other. People unaware of the rivalry float around without knowledge of the brewing tension.

I avoid talking to anyone but Katalina who is currently sucking on a purple lollipop while leaning her elbows on the hood of my car. When guys walk past, they whistle at her ass that peeks out from her shorts and her tan legs which she responds to by telling them to fuck off. I chuckle at her and when she meets my gaze again, I shake my head.

"You could be having the time of your life with all these guys and yet all you do is tell them to fuck off." I muse and Lina rolls her eyes.

"You could too. Guys also look at you."

"I have Cameron." I say and Lina smirks, pulling the sweet out of her mouth.

"Different dick, different flavour." She says and I gawk at her crude remark before shaking my head.

"I don't want a different flavour."

"The dick that good?" She teases me and I laugh although I feel my cheeks redden slightly. She chuckles at me before tossing the stick from her sweet into her pocket. "I'm only kidding. You and Cameron are good together." She says while playing with a ring on her finger. It's a simple one with a thin silver band and a small crystal- or possibly diamond- on it. I've noticed that it's something she plays with a lot subconsciously, often pulling it off and slipping it back on. Besides hoop earrings that usually hang from her ears, you don't really see Lina with any other jewelry although this ring seems to be an exception. It draws my attention every time as it reminds me of my mother's wedding ring... the ring that legally tied her down to that monster I was forced to have as a father. I can't count how many times I saw her crying as she clutched the ring to het chest after fighting with Derek when I was a kid.

"How come I don't see you with any guys?" I ask curiously, serious this time. Katalina is gorgeous and her Latina look going on is even more eye drawing so why have I never seen her with a guy? She can't seriously not want or see potential in someone.