THE LETTER TO OLIVIA

Dear mom

I'm sorry to do this to you. I'm sorry that I'm leaving without saying goodbye.... but things are complicated. Things that you and Mia should have no part in.

There's going to be news that I'm dead. I'm not. But you can't come looking for me because as far as the world knows, Harley Anderson is dead. I know you'll want to... you're going to worry. But I'm fine. Believe me when I say this because it's the first time I've meant it since you rescued me from that house.

Thank you for that. For taking me in and treating me like your own. You showed me what it means to be loved and cared for. I loved my mother but she doesn't compare to you. You saved me in a way and I will never forget it. Thank you for loving me- the broken and beaten girl who used to babysit Mia.

Oh, Mia. I'm going to miss her. She was the sibling that I deserved but never truly got. I'm doing to her exactly what Cyrus did to me but I cannot drag her into this. She deserves a normal life. And because I love her so much, I'll give it to her no matter how much it hurts.

Cameron didn't drag me into this mom. He dragged me out of it. As long I have him, I'm going to be alright.

Thank you for being my family. I hope things work out with Rick. You deserve the world and I just wish I could have given it to you. Thank you for being my family, my real family. I love you guys.

Much love
Harley Anderson

vote•comment•share