FORTY-EIGHT

Harley Anderson

When I climb out of the bath, I feel more relaxed then I have in a while. My mind is still reeling with the pleasure Danté inflicted on me and my body feels like it's been renewed.
Pulling on some pajamas, I exit the room where Danté is dosing. He, too, is exhausted. Running a hand through my wet hair as I make my way to the kitchen, I almost yelp when I see Ray sitting on a bar chair by the counter with a glass of water in hand.

When he sees me, he laughs at the hand I have splayed over my heart.

"Hello to you too."

"You gave me a heart attack," I breathe out and he laughs.

"Sorry."

It then suddenly occurs me to that Danté and I weren't alone and I can't help but blush. "Uh, how long have you been here?" I ask awkwardly, scratching at my arm. Ramiro seems to enjoy watching me squirm because he smiles, eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Long enough to have heard you." He replies.

If it's even possible, my cheeks burn even more and I cover my face in embarrassment.

"Oh my gosh, that's so embarrassing." I mutter under my breath. "I'm so sorry Ray. I thought we were home alone."

Ray shakes his head with a smile, walking to the sink and placing his glass inside before making his way to the freezer. He pulls out a tub of ice-cream and grabs two spoons. "Nah, don't worry about it. At least someone in this house is getting some action."

With an opportunity to get the attention off of me, I ask: "So there's no secret girl who has your heart?"

Ramiro shakes his head, opening the tub of what seems to be chocolate mint ice-cream. He extends a hand out to me, offering a spoon and after taking it from him I lean against the counter opposite from him.

"It's hard to have a girl when your only love broke your heart."

Forgetting what Danté told me, I wince as I scoop some of the heavenly dessert. "I'm sorry... I didn't know."

"It's alright. I mean, when I really need a release I hit up Jee." He tells me and I don't bother to hide my surprise. I saw that they had a unique relationship but I never thought there was a romantic or sexual aspect to it. "She's great. Since she's my best friend, we know how to read each other. She always knows how I want it- if I want to have that gentle kind of sex or if I just want some rough shit. And I love it." He shrugs. "I've never fucked a girl who can do it better than Jee so in that case, I'm alright. But for any romantic relationship..." he trails off, shoving a spoonful of ice-cream into his mouth.

I frown to myself, taking another spoonful of the dessert. "Does it bother Jee?" I ask. "As in, the fact that you're not romantically into her?"

Ramiro shakes his head. "Nah. She knows about what happened with Claire and she understands that. Plus, have you seen her?" He asks rhetorically before laughing. "I've never met a girl more emotionally unavailable than Jee." 

A chuckle escapes me as I think of the brooding and aloof Jee K'yong. I'm sure there's plenty of guys who would love to try and get with her simply because she's hard to get.