~Chapter 1~

~Chapter 1~
·
·
-Shoto: 3rd POV-
·
He'd never been too fond of his father, Enji. With all of the training, he'd never had free time. He never had the chance to develop many hobbies and interests, and most of all, he never had time to socialize. His father, being an overachiever, never let him stray too far from the kingdom, for his 'masterpiece' could not be tainted by the 'real world'. He'd always waited for the day to come that his father would step down, and Shoto would be passed the crown. When that happened, the cruel kingdom that everyone had feared would finally be at peace and joy. Of course he had always hated the training, and he never wanted to train, but it suddenly clicked for him one day. He knew he hated his father in every way possible, but he did admire his power and ambition, and decided he'd work along side him. Not because he looked up to him, but specifically because he strove to be better than his father ever was, to bring joy to the dismal kingdom. And with those ambitions, he'd always found enough energy in the morning to withstand his repetitive training. It was tougher without the encouragement of his mother, she'd been locked away in a mental ward after an incident, but alongside his sister, he knew he could make it.
·

·

Shoto woke into the soft, silky comfort of his large bed, sunlight streaming mellowly through the off-white lace curtains and onto the thick wooden floor. He looked to the large wooden clock hung on his wall, it read "7:00 (AM)." His training would begin at 8:30, so he'd always have time to eat breakfast and shower. He waited for the five conventional knocks on the door, which his sister Fuyumi and him had established as a signal eachother's presences. And there it came, simultaneously, 'knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.' "Come in" he replied with a short breath. She opened the door and stepped in, wearing her usual morning attire. "I just wanted to make sure you are awake. You know how father acts when you sleep in."

"I wish I didn't." Shoto said, pausing as he was pulling his curtains open, leaving them ajar. "I wish many things. Too many, I guess. Maybe I'm just ungrateful." Fuyumi groaned slightly, closing the door behind her as she walked to sit on the side of his bed. "I know, it's common in this kingdom. We can't know any better if we're not given any better. It's rough for everyone." She said, brushing the thin strands of her white hair behind her ears. "But at least we don't have it as bad as others. Then again I wish we could help them." His sister sighed. Todoroki slipped out of his pajamas behind hid wardrobe, "We all do, secretly, in this kingdom. We're hardly different from any others in this palace, except the king, of course." Shoto spat the specific word 'King' with distastefulness. "We can only sit idle under his rule until I become king, everyone knows that as well as us."

Fuyumi sighed yet again, seeming distant. She stood up and brushed off her morning gown, "Breakfast should be ready in no more than ten minutes. I suggest you dress your best today, as father will be introducing many new maidens for you to pick as your wife."