~Chapter 7~

~Chapter 7~

~Shoto's POV~

He wondered if the letter was good enough. Would Izuku agree to meet with him? He was nervous. He sat in his bedroom quietly for what felt like forever, thinking over everything that had happened that day. That is, he sat quietly until he was disturbed by the fluttering of wings and his bird perching on his window, carrying what Shoto was specifically looking for- a slip of paper. He stood up and nearly leaped over, scaring the bird almost out of her skin. Todoroki seized the letter immediately and ripped it open.

"That sounds great! I'll bring a quilt and a wee picnic, though I don't know what food you prefer... I'll bring some of my mother's cooking. Maybe some cinnamon loaves and butter spread, or some fresh fruits and veggies from the gardens! Or I could bake some small pastries... whatever you prefer, haha!"

Shoto marveled at the thought of sharing a picnic with his new friend, under the shade of a small tree with fair sunlight. It sounded like paradise. He grinned bubbly and collapsed onto his bed, arms and legs touching each corner. His reputation for being cold, silent, and blunt had dissapeared within those moments that he shared alone.
The next day flew by, all the regular. Breakfast, training, lunch, training, lecture, dinner, bed. Shoto didn't find it easy to focus on his work that day, which, of course, gave Enji an idea for the topic of that lecture of the day.
The next morning, he slid into a similar outfit from the day he met Izuku. A well tailored off-white shirt with a thick blue leather vest, wearing soil-colored pants with rough brown boots that rose above the ankle. He combed his hair neatly and washed his face, wanting to look his best for the reunion. Just then, at the door was the knocks. "Come in." He shouted. Fuyumi entered quietly and closed the door before sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose. "Father just gave me another lecture. I don't know how you deal with this constantly, I'm lucky I guess.- no offense." She plopped onto her bed. Before Todoroki could reply, she interrupted. "What're you getting all dressed up for? Your training doesn't resume for another hour, and even then you don't need to wear clothes for traveling.."
"I'm taking one of the guards border shifts for extra training today. I've already informed dad. Figured it'd also be an escape from the evening lecture."
Fuyumi shrugged. "Okay then.. Dinner will be served at 6." And with that, she left.
~Izuku's POV~
Midoriya told his mother that he was going to meet with the Prince, and that he'd be back later. And with that, he was slipping through a small hole under the wall that he'd made to gather flowers secretly from outside of the kingdom. He tugged his picnic basket under after he'd made it out and started skipping through the fields on his way to the spot.
After a little daydreaming and viewing of the forests, he'd found himself in the same place as the past event. Deku looked around a bit, confused. He didn't see any sign of Todoroki. Though he did spot a small creek nearby, and so he went to get a sip of fresh water and wait. Izuku treaded over to the stream and kneeled down, cupping water in his hands and sipping it carefully, until he was disturbed by the sudden sound of a heavy breath. He glanced around until he discovered a sleeping Shoto under a hidden tree, looking almost the same as he did the day they met. The bush-haired boy picked up his basket and snuck over, examining the snoozing prince. He looked much more peaceful in his sleep. He didn't wear the consistent scowl that he usually did. He looked relaxed, tranquil, untroubled. He looked like he needed the sleep, and so Izuku plopped down in front of him and just stared, studying his features and awaited a good time to wake him up. Though it may have seemed creepy in the long run, to him right then, it was perfectly okay.

Count The Stars  (Medieval Tododeku AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें