~Chapter 10~

~Chapter 10~

~Shoto's POV~

Shoto was silent for the entire ride back. He could tell that Fuyumi was trying to start up conversations, but he wasn't up for it. Izuku's ashamed look stuck to his thoughts, only making him feel worse by the second. He'd never felt this guilty before, besides the time that he'd  accidentally sweetened his mother's tea with salt rather than sugar, causing her to throw up in front of the other kingdoms at a reunion. He kept his eyes glued to the ground as the horse carried them back to the kingdom.
They started to slow down, approaching the gate, which was opened for them immediately.
"Shoto!" His father bellowed as they walked into the palace. "Your position hasn't ended yet. Why are you here?" Before Shoto could answer, Fuyumi butted in, eyeing him. "He didn't feel well earlier this morning so I went to check on him. He was indeed sick. I've already assigned someone to take his shift."
Their father paused for a moment. "Very well. You may rest for the day, but there will be extra training tomorrow."

Todoroki collapsed into his bed, sighing and covering his face with his hands. "What a waste" he grumbled. "I hope he eats the food at least."
'Knock, knock, knock, knock..... knock'
He sat up, dreading Fuyumi's confrontation that would soon come. She let herself in, nervously making eye contact, and closed the door. Todoroki turned is head the other way, wishing not to speak with her.
"Shoto," she spoke, "just... can you just explain everything to me? Like, what happened. You never liked to talk to people."
The Prince groaned. "We started talking when I went to meet the maidens. I guess we kind of connected, if you would say that. So we sent notes back and forth until we decided to meet up today. I like him, and you can't make me stop talking to him." He defended himself.
She was silent for a moment, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I'm not going to make you stop being friends with him.. but you can't keep this up for long. Sooner or later father will find out. I'll cover for you as best as I can."
It was a pleasant suprise, at least.
The room stayed silent for a while, before Fuyumi spoke again. "I promise."
He searched for an answer, not being able to think of one.
"Well, uh, this Izuku. He seems nice. And cute." She nudged him. "Yeah." He shrugged.
"Huh?" Todoroki turned her head.
"Bduh- well uh yeah he's nice, and, nice..looking... I suppose." He stuttered, feeling embarrassed.
"Oh," she stopped. "You think he's cute?"
"Fuyumi!" He flopper back, covering his face. "Stop teasing me!" She chuckled. "Well you're the one who agreed!" She poked at him. "So, when are you gonna ask him out?"
"FUYUMI!" Shoto whined. "I don't like him like that!"
"Whatever, whatever." She dismissed it, going quiet. "Hey, are you gay?" She interrogated.
"What! No!" There was a long pause. "Wait, what does that mean again?"