~2~

Song: Meet me in the pale moonlight - Lana Del Ray (slowed)
——————————————————————-
"You got partnered with Malfoy?!!" Ron
shrieked. The Golden Trio were sat in the Gryffindor section of the common room, discussing their new living arrangements.

"And I thought Pansy was bad. Merlin, Harry." Hermione said sympathetically.

Harry sighed, "Yup. I'll just have to adapt to it I guess."

"Ronald, who'd you get?"  Questioned Hermione, shifting in her chair so that she was lying horizontally across it.

"Blaise. It could've been worse I guess." The red head shrugged.

"How weird, we were each partnered with demonic Slytherins." Hermione huffed.

"Demonic?" Ron asked, clearly puzzled.

"Muggle references." Harry confirmed.

"Oh. What's a, um, demonic?" The ginger questioningly propped an eyebrow.

"Basically, in the Muggle word, many believe that there is a dude who created existence named God. According to Muggle legends, he had a son named Lucifer that rebelled against him. God cast Lucifer down to a very unpleasant place called hell due to his hatred for humans and the threat he posed towards humanity. Some muggles say he ended up creating soldiers that served hell and hated humanity as much as he did. Aka, demons and such. I don't know that much about it, though. My parents were never really religious. For all I know I might have it all wrong, but oh well. You get the point. It's confusing, really." Hermione explained.

"Bloody hell." Ron squawked.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione continued to converse until it was nearing curfew, and they decided to head to bed due to exhaustion. It was the most Harry had spoken to them in months. He never realized how much he missed his best friends.

When Harry entered his room, to his surprise, Malfoy was already fast asleep. He had a frown on his face, and he seemed to be shifting around in fear or discomfort. Harry pondered waking him up for a moment, assuming he may have been having a nightmare, but decided against it. Malfoy had always seemed like he was constantly on edge anyways, maybe that just transpired to his sleep as well.

Harry awkwardly wandered into the bathroom to change into his pajamas, and slid into bed when he was finished, falling into a strangely dreamless sleep.

"How could you, Draco? This was our chance to get on better terms with the dark lord, and you just ruined it!" Bellatrix bellowed. Draco flinched, and glanced over to his mother for support, realizing she was no longer there. "We could have caught HARRY BLOODY POTTER, and you neglected that chance. What were you thinking?" The mad woman lectured.

"Now son, I always had high hopes for you. You could be an excellent death eater, you hear?" Another voice spoke. His father.

"Right now, all you are is a disgrace to the Malfoy name. Bellatrix, do whatever you must. As for you, Draco, I don't want to see your face for the next week." Lucius Malfoy glared at his son, before exiting the room.

"You know what happens to death eaters who betray, right?" Bellatrix smirked evilly.

Draco gulped, slowly backing away from her until he was flat against the wall behind him.

"Petrificus Totalus!" She yelled, freezing Draco in place. She approached him, knife in hand. Lifting his shirt to reveal his pale white skin, she got to work, carving harmful words into his chest.

All Draco could do was cry internally, because Malfoy's don't show weakness. It was one of the most dreadful memories that he had ever had, aside from when Voldemort hugged him, and Harry saved his life even with all he had done.

"You deserve to die, did you know that mini Malfoy? You have yet to be of any help to the dark lord, despite being his chosen one. All you've done is help the sworn enemy. Potter could finally be dead! After all you did to him throughout your school years, why would anyone in their right mind want to save that abomination?" She laughed.

"Consider this a warning, Malfoy. Next time, you'll go straight to Voldemort. And trust me, once he's done with you, your existence will not be thanking you." She scowled.

Draco awoke with a jolt, breathing heavily. He looked over, relieved to see Potter sleeping peacefully in his bed. "Voldemort's dead. I'm being such a baby." He assured himself. He cautiously rolled out of bed, and made his way to the bathroom. Turning on the sink carefully, he splashed water in his face, and decided upon going for a walk to clear his head.

His hand rested on the cold metal door knob, and just as he turned it to open the door, a voice was heard from behind him.

"And where do you think you're going?" Potter asked, sitting up in his bed to get a better look at the bleach blonde boy.

"None of your business, Potter." Draco snapped, a hint of panic laced in his voice and eyes.

"You sound scared." Harry pointed out.

"Well, I'm not." Draco spoke, standing tall and pointing his chin, as his father taught him.

Harry rolled his eyes, reaching for his nightstand. "If you say so."

Malfoy was just about to walk out the door when he felt something land on his shoulder. He glanced down, seeing a cloak. It was quite ugly, if he may say so himself.

"The hell is this?" Malfoy sneered.

"Try wrapping it around yourself." Potter advised.

Draco, reluctantly, did as he was told.

"Potter, what the FUCK? How do you have an invisible cloak?" The boy spoke, his eyes as wide as saucers, a slight grin on his face.

Harry smirked. "That's none of your business."

Draco's grin faded quickly, though. "This isn't cursed right? Why would you give me this? I knew you were trying to curse me!" He said, whipping the cloak off with a sneer.

"It's like 3 am. You'll get caught for being out past curfew, genius." Harry snapped.

"Oh. So you aren't trying to curse me..?" The blonde asked quietly, obviously embarrassed by his recent outbreak.

Harry rolled his eyes. "No, you git. Take it or leave it."

"Well, er, thanks I guess." Malfoy awkwardly shuffled out the door, pulling the cloak over his head in the process.

"Since when did he ever say thank you for anything?" Harry pondered to himself, before drifting back into sleep.