~20~

Song: Paris- The Chainsmokers (slowed)

—————————————————————-

The following morning, Pansy and Harry had managed to drag Draco to the Great Hall to eat. He realized then that yesterday he must have been extremely distant the past few weeks, because both his friend trio and the golden trio were sitting together.

"When did this friendship happen?" Draco asked, as he took a seat to Harry's left.

"Draco, you've literally sat with us at least 7 times. Where the hell is your brain?" Zabini commented, flicking Draco on the side of the head.

"If you had actually come to the great hall you'd know." Ron added under his breath. That didn't stop Draco and Hermione from hearing him, though.

Hermione grabbed her copy of The Daily Prophet and whacked Ron on the head with it, much like Snape used to do when they would talk out of term or misbehave.

Draco frowned slightly, regaining himself in a matter of seconds.

"Well since Pansy and I have been getting along well, as well as Blaise and Ron, we decided to just sit together. You don't mind, right?" Hermione asked. "As Blaise said though, we started sitting together weeks ago. You've been there."

"Er- I guess not." Draco sighed, averting his attention to the food in front of him, picking at his plate.

"You have to actually eat your food, Draco." Harry suggested, eyeing the blonde questionably.

"Oh piss off scarhead." Draco retorted in embarrassment, taking a small bite of his bacon.

"Sooo, Hogsmeade this weekend yes? Two more days to prepare yourselves." Pansy smirked.

Draco rolled his eyes at her, while sharing a glance with Harry.

Suddenly, Harry's voice ran out in his head. 'They need to know about Voldemort. Everyone does, why has no one spoken of it?'

Draco glanced at him. 'I don't think they should know. Not yet. It'll put them in danger.'

Harry nodded reluctantly, and tuned back into the conversation among the others. The group of six proceeded to discuss random matters throughout breakfast.

They all got up as soon as the bell rung to go to classes, but Malfoy stayed back. Just as Harry was about to head off to charms with Hermione and Ron, he approached Draco and spoke, "Oh, by the way, I think Garrick may have your wand ready by now. I reckon you should check in with him."

"Uh, yeah sure. Thanks Potter." Draco spun around on his heel heading back to the dorms, but a hand gripping his wrist from behind stopped him.

"Harry. My name's Harry." The raven insisted, giving Draco's arm a final squeeze and bolting in the opposite direction to meet with Ron and Hermione.

Draco sighed, making his way to the common room and traveling to Diagon Alley using his floo powder, Harry's fingerprints still lingering on his skin.

He hesitantly entered Ollvander's, slightly panicking as he noticed Garrick hadn't been in there. Upon the bell ringing at his entrance, a moment later the man came strolling from his office.

"Ah, Malfoy! I was wondering when you'd show." Garrick smiled.

"Er- Yeah. I wasn't sure when my wand would be ready, but I figured I should just check in?" The blonde shifted on his heels awkwardly.

"Ah, of course. Your wand is indeed ready. I assume Mr Potter told you about the bond, yes?" The man spoke.

"Well, technically my mother did, but he clarified a few things." Draco shrugged.

"Very well. I've got your wand right.." Garrick shuffled around in a drawer, "here!"

He pulled out a green box covered in black designs and a black name plate on the side with Draco L. Malfoy imprinted in silver letters. Draco gaped at the box itself, before eagerly reaching and opening it, unfolding the green silk.

Inside was a beautiful wand. The handle was black with silver rings along the ends, and silver dots along the length of the handle. The wand itself was black with Latin engravings and occasional swirls. It reminded him of his mothers wand in a way, just more complex.

"It's.. perfect!" Draco exclaimed, still slightly in shock.

Garrick grinned. "I figured. Well, give it a wave!"

Draco carefully lifted the wand from the box. Even just having it in his hand filled a large hole in his heart. He waved the wand in a circular motion, and green magic emerged from the wand, slithering around the room, then circling Draco as he stood. He was overwhelmed with warmth and comfort as his magic circled him, before diving back into the wand.

"Ah, perfect!" Ollivander smiled widely. "Those two wands were definitely the biggest challenge of my whole career."

Draco grinned. "I'll bet."

They stood in silence for a few seconds, Draco still admiring his wand.

"Well, I suppose I should get to classes then. Thank you, sir."