~19~

Song: The night is still young - Nicki Minaj (slowed)

——————————————————————-

Harry slipped his new wand into his pocket as he entered the common room. He had missed the feeling of being armed.

He dashed into his dorm, finding Draco sat by the window. The blonde had been spending quite a bit of time there. Harry took a seat next to him.

"Well, I got my wand. Would you like me to close those wounds for you?" The raven questioned.

"Er, sure I guess." Draco shrugged, casually slipping his top off.

Harry lifted his wand to the gashes, and begun to cast non-verbal healing spells. The warmth that radiated throughout Draco's chest while he did so was unlike any other. The feeling of Harry's magic seeping through his skin felt amazing.

Draco was practically melting by the time Harry had finished. "All done. Is that a little bit better?" He asked.

Draco nodded, glancing back down at his newly healed chest. Now all that remained were a couple bruises , the old engravings from Bellatrix, and the burns on his arm. He frowned slightly at the sight of his dark mark, but inside he was wishing to rip his skin off and try to find a spell to re-grow it.

"Why'd you help me? I know I asked for it- but I thought I was just talking to some imaginary voice in my head." Draco spoke.

"Because you were in danger. Nobody deserves to be tortured like that. You're just a teenager. Yeah, I'll admit you've made mistakes but we all have." Harry explained comfortingly.

Malfoy shook his head. "I bullied you, turned against you," The blonde paused, referring to his dark mark, "almost killed Dumbledore, actually killed a living creature and multiple innocent people. I don't deserve saving, Potter."

Harry reached out and wrapped his fingers around Draco's wrist, rubbing his thumb along the dark mark gently.

"This, right here," Harry tapped his thumb against Draco's dark mark, "does not define you. It defines the person that your father, Voldemort, and all those death eaters wanted you to be. You couldn't bring yourself to actually kill Dumbledore, and the people that you hurt and killed in the war was a matter of survival. You are no villain deep down, and you know it. Just forget your past, and focus on the future. This dumb mark is nothing more than a random assortment of lines now." Harry smiled up at him sadly. "And besides, now that Voldemort is back, we have to figure out how to get rid of him for good." He added.

"Yeah, that would be ideal." Draco chuckled.

The two of them sat in silence for awhile, before Draco could feel his eyelids begin to feel heavy. Before he could stop himself, his head was dropping onto Harry's shoulder, and Harry's arm was snaking around his waist. Draco shivered slightly as Harry's warm hand gripped at his bare side. His head fit almost perfectly in Harry's shoulder; almost like a puzzle that had never once been solved was just finalized.

The blonde nuzzled his head further into the green-eyed boy's shoulder, and found himself drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

Draco spent a lot of time in the library for the rest of that week, reading about Serpent Bonds. Harry was back in classes, so the blonde had nothing better to occupy himself with. He had been skipping meals, just spending every hour reviewing the information in The Book of Ancient Bonds.