~24~

Song: Infinity - James Young (slowed)

——————————————————————-

The next morning was by far the most anxiety filled, awful, and dreaded morning of Harry's entire life. Ron, Blaise, Pansy, and Hermione were trying to calm the two boys, but nothing was working. They were just clutching to one another and breathing shakily for hours.

As the clock neared 10:00, and it was 9:45, Hermione had to practically drag the two boys to McGonagall.

"It'll be okay. We will be okay." Draco spoke, mostly to himself, but the sound of his voice helped to ease Harry's nerves a little bit.

"Are you both ready?" The headmistress asked quietly as soon as Hermione retreated back to the common room.

Harry and Draco exchanged glances, locking emerald green orbs on silvery gray, before nodding. "If we wait until we are ready, we will be waiting for the rest of our lives." Harry said semi-confidently.

"Very well. Potter, do you have your invisibility cloak with you as I asked yesterday?" She asked sternly.

"Uh, yes ma'am." Harry pulled out his cloak, setting it flat in his palm.

"Good. I suppose you should be going now. Remember, stay under the cloak until the moment that Voldemort gets off-guard. Use your telepathy, obviously. Best of luck to you two. Make the wizarding world proud." She smiled, reassuringly squeezing both boys shoulders, before sending them off.

Before Harry or Draco could process it, their feet had dragged them towards the courtyard, where Voldemort had already stood. His pale face blended in well with the clouds, and his black robes matched those of the army of Death Eaters that stood behind him. He's early. Harry spoke in his head, receiving a nod from Draco in response.

The two stood there for a good 15 minutes, just watching and having conversations amongst each other in their minds. Then, suddenly, Voldemort turned his back to the pair, and Draco and Harry whipped the wands from their pockets, preparing to strike.

Use expelliarmus if he tries to use Avada Kedavra. The spell is more powerful than you may think. If he doesn't, I'll use the killing curse and you use expelliarmus. Harry explained to Draco telepathically.

"Alright. You ready?" He heard Draco's response echo through his mind. Harry nodded, and Draco intertwined their hands, giving Harry's a gentle squeeze of reassurance, before letting go and lifting the cloak from their heads.

Spells and jinx's were immediately shot at them from surrounding Death Eaters, but Harry was quick to cast a protego around him and Draco. Upon cue, multiple Hogwarts professors, McGonagall herself, and a handful of 8th years came rushing out of the Great Hall, fighting and dueling the Death Eaters. Voldemort whipped around quickly at the chaos, meeting eyes with the pair of bonded Slytherins.

"Nice to see you again, boys. Too bad it won't be for long. I've actually got the correct wand this time, Harry. AVADA KEDAVRA!" The vicious villain spoke with a smirk. The green bolt came aiming straight for the pair.

Touch wands once the spell is cast! Harry thought quickly, before he and Draco shouted "Expelliarmus!" in unison. Green magic shot out of Draco's wand and red shot out of Harry's. They quickly rested the tips of their bonded wands together, and the magic begun to mix, creating a swirl of green and red magic. All of the other Death Eaters, along with Hogwarts fighters, had stopped to watch what was currently going down. Could it really be the end of Voldemort for good?

Harry combined his hand with Malfoy's, intertwining their fingers. This only made their magic stronger. Gusts of wind came rushing at the two, and they slowly begun to rise from the ground. Streaks of gold, silver, red, and green magic begun to circle them, until eventually it became a bubble of power surrounding the pair. It all felt so surreal, almost as if it were from a muggle movie.

With one final push, a large mass of magic shot from their combined wands, and overtook all of Voldemort's magic.

"This is for my mother, you BITCH!" Draco yelled, as Voldemort begun losing the dual significantly.

A final strong wave of green and red hit Voldemort square in the chest, and the villain froze in place, before falling limply to the ground. The pale, noseless wizard burst out in flames, before his body broke into a million little pieces and disappeared into thin air, for good.

Cheers erupted the courtyard as Hogwarts students came piling out of the building. Even some of the Death Eaters had been cheering with glee.

The two boys slowly got lowered back onto their feet, and they locked eyes with one another. Their hands still intertwined, both boys broke out in a grin. "We did it Draco. We actually.. did it." Harry felt a tear fall down his cheek. I'm free. After 18 years, I'm finally free.

Draco lifted his hand forward, and wiped the tear from Harry's cheek. He inspected the boy's face further, realizing that he no longer had a lighting scar. "Harry.. your scar. It's gone!" Draco shrieked.

Curious, the blonde lifted his left sleeve. "My dark mark.. it's gone too! Thank merlin!" Draco smiled.

He's so happy. You'd think he was a 7 year old on Christmas morning. It's adorable. Harry thought with a chuckle.

"I can't believe we did it. 18 years, and we did it." Harry cried, jumping forward and wrapping Draco in a tight embrace.

Everyone else had stopped their conversations awhile back, just watching the two boys. The two ex enemies complementing each other, looking awe struck at one another, hugging each other, holding hands with each other. Some were shocked, some weren't, and some were just OG shippers.

The pale blonde rubbed Harry's back soothingly, as the two telepathically celebrated their victory.

I can't believe this is over. I'm so happy, you don't even understand.

"Oh I do. I'm free as well. I can do whatever I damn please, no more father to make proud and no more 'lord' to worship."

The two pulled apart, still looking into each other's eyes for a moment, before averting their attention back to the crowd.

"I am so incredibly proud. You both went from a complete rivalry, to saving the wizarding world together permanently. The both of you most certainly will go down in history. Very well done." McGonagall spoke proudly, not even trying to hide the true pride in her tone.

"Thank you, headmistress." Harry spoke shyly. She nodded and walked off, going back to address something with the Death Eaters.

Harry and Draco shared a glance again, but for some reason this time they just couldn't look away. Every emotion was evident in one another's eyes, and each boy could clearly see right through. How could one's eyes be so plain, simple, yet so gorgeous at the same time? Resemble silver so effortlessly? Harry wondered to himself as he got lost in the eyes of the blonde boy.

"You think my eyes are beautiful, Harry?" Draco smirked. Harry fell a crimson red, looking down in embarrassment.

"You weren't supposed to hear that." He muttered.

"Aw, that's adorable." Draco's voice rung out in Harry's mind.

Harry stood back tall, and met Draco's welcoming eyes. "And you think I'm adorable." Harry returned the smirk. It was Draco's turn to blush. How could one be so cute yet so bloody hot at the same time?

Draco stood up at his full height, looking down at Harry. "Well Potter, you think I'm cute and hot at the same time. I win." Draco grinned, stepping in closer to Harry. His eyes trailed down to Harry's pink, plump, slightly chapped lips. He had to admit, they looked very kissable.

Before Harry could retort anything back, the feeling of warm, soft lips on his own and gasps coming from behind filled his mind.