Prologue

The guy next to me was saying something.

I didn't know what he was saying, but I knew that he was talking to me. Drunk Ezra couldn't understand English.

Instead of paying attention to his words I payed attention to his lips. He had nice ones. As he talked to me I watched his lips imagining what it would be like to kiss him. Drunk Ezra was also reckless and I was feeling real reckless tonight. I had gotten into an argument with my ex-boyfriend.

I know it was a cliche, but I couldn't help myself. I was frustrated.

Jaxon was... Insane, to say the least.

He was insanely jealous and insanely selfish. He was materialistic and possesive and honestly I didn't see how we'd lasted as long as we had.

I turned to the guy, placing my arm on his shoulder. "You look hot, you want to take a walk?" I mumbled widening my eyes.

I was told my eyes were my best feature.

He smirked reaching over and pushing my hair out of my face. "Get your hands off of me, Lewis." he said slowly, enunciating every syllable.

I raised a brow.

"I'll take a walk with you." The guy on the other side of me said and I rolled my eyes.

I didn't want to take a walk with him.

"How do you know my name?" I slurred blinking my eyes rapidly trying to clear my vision.

He laughed. "God, you must be plowed. It's barely nine o'clock."

I was convinced I didn't know this stranger. But I wanted to get to know him. So I turned my flirt on.

"Listen, buddy. Are we leaving or not?"

He gave me an uninterested look. "Definitely not. I'm going to pass."

Weirdly, I didn't even feel the sting of rejection. The alcohol was really doing it's job.

"Fine." I mumbled turning sloppily in my seat to the other guy. "You interested?" I wasn't normally this loose but I was in desperate need of some male companionship today.

"I am very interested." The man said looking me up and down.

"Not happening buddy." The guy on my right said sounding annoyed.

The man looked him over, most likely trying to decide if he could take him. Deciding that he probably couldn't, he mumbled something under his breath before rising from his seat and walking away from the bar.

"Pretty stupid to get plastered and try to pickup random guys at a bar." The guy mumbled swirling his drink in his hands.

"You know my name. Obviously you're not a stranger." I mumbled.

He tossed his drink back, placing a few bills on the bar. "I wasn't talking about me. And you must be near death to admit to flirting with me."

I narrowed my eyes, staring at him. He did seem kind of familiar now that I thought about it. Then again my own right hand was a stranger to me at the moment.

"Call your friend to pick you up, Ezra. Don't be stupid."

"What friend?" I couldn't think of one friend I had.

The guy shrugged. "Red hair, Legs up to her ears. Scrawny thing. Sarah- Sadie? Who cares. Give her a call."

I smacked my lips, childishly. "Can't Call Stella." I said laughing hard. "She's throwing a party tonight. I'm supposed to be entertainment but I dipped out." I laughed again.