Chapter Fourteen

Since I was not working Sunday morning, I took a power nap before showering and heading over to see Kody.

I wanted to talk to him about the whole 'having his friends chauffeur me' thing. It wasn't that I wasn't grateful. I was. It just put me in an awkward spot and I didn't think I could handle it for much longer.

I got to his house at around three o'clock. I was actually dressed super casually with a hockey jersey and black tights. It was nearing the end of October and the sun just wasn't coming out anymore.

When I knocked on his door I wasn't exactly surprised to see the girl pull it open. I was surprised by the twist in my stomach that signaled jealousy.

Who the hell did I think I was?

Just because I was carrying Kody's child didn't make me his girlfriend. Hell, I didn't even want to be his girlfriend.

And yet here I was glaring at some innocent girl because she answered his door in nothing but a big T-shirt and tube socks.

"Sorry." She said in a voice that was muffled with sleep. "I didn't hear the door."

I shrugged my shoulders attempting to be casual. I'd be damned if Kody was going to make a jealous fool of me.

"No problem." I said probably just a bit to chirpy. "Can I speak to Kody real quick?"

Play it cool, Lewis.

She tilted her head to the side causing her long hair to fall over her shoulder. Damn it, the girl was beautiful.

Kody was such an asshole.

"You look super familiar." The girl said narrowing her eyes.

I scoffed. I was for sure I had never seen this girl in my life. I was even pretty certain she didn't go to Winterbrooke U because if she had, Stella would have forced her into joining the sorority a long time ago.

"I get that a lot." I lied shifting from foot to foot. Was she going to let me in? How embarrassing would it be if she just slammed the door in my face?

I chuckled to myself.

She blushed, "Oh sorry, come in. Kody's in the shower. And just a warning, he's in a mood."

When she mouthed the word 'hangover' I smiled.

Karma, you crazy bitch- you always have my back.

I walked up to the room door, banging my fist against it. "Kody Vincent! I want to talk to you."

The girl behind me chuckled and I realized we hadn't even introduced ourselves. Well... that was probably for the better.

There was a groan from the other side of the door and then Kody stood in front of me, his blond hair was wet and plastered against his face. His expression was murderous.

I didn't care though, because he was only wearing a towel around his waist.

My oh my.....

His body was wet and muscular in all the right places. I let my eyes trail down- rookie mistake- and basically counted every pec of his eight pack. I knew Kody kept up with his shape. He was a runner so he didn't really have a choice. I even knew how he looked naked- stupid hormones- but seeing him fresh out the shower made me want to run my tongue over every inch of his body.

Someone cleared their throat.

"Should I leave?"

Like a bucket of ice water being poured over me, her voice brought me out of my trance.