Chapter Seven

"There's stupid, and then there's stupid stupid." King said as he sipped on his drink. "I think you're stupid stupid Midget."

I slapped the cup out of his hands causing it to clutter and roll down the steps leading up to Kody's apartment.

We were both currently standing outside of the apartment leaning against the stair railing.

"Obviously I had to say something." I said defensively.

"Yeah, you could have told him the big news."

I stressfully ran my hands through my hair. "I tried to. It was on the tip of my tongue but I chickened out at the last minute. At this point you can just tell him."

King laughed. "That boat has sailed. You're going to tell him. Tonight." He wiped his hands on his pants. "Because if you don't, he's going to kill me."

I raised a brow. King was a romantic and he thought Kody had feelings for me just because he spoke about me a few times.

I was a realist and knew Kody was just some sex crazed college asshole. Just like every other sex crazed college asshole.

"I'm going to tell him. I just think it's a bad idea to do it tonight."

He sent me a blank stare. "Tonight."

I huffed. "Fine. He's just going to tell me to leave. He already told me to leave."

King smirked. "He's not going to tell you to leave." He thought about it. "Well he might. Just ignore him."

I shook my head. "I'm so sick of you King." I mumbled.

Pushing my hair out of my face I stomped back up to the door. I didn't knock this time. Instead I snatched the door open, walking inside.

People were staring at me but I didn't care. "Kody. I need to talk to you." I said confidently. The music was still blasting but I could tell he heard every word that I had said.

He walked up to me, grabbing my arm and leading me to his room.

I felt my nerves rising as we made it to his room and Kody slammed the door with an attitude.

"I said I didn't want you here Ezra." He said quickly with a low growl. "This is not the kind of party you need to be at."

I nodded. "I know. I just-"

"I don't know why the hell King invited you. He should have known better."

I pursed my lips at that. "That's not the point."

"It is the fucking point. You don't know what the fuck I got going on in here. You can't just be showing up-"

"I get it Kody." I said interrupting him.

The door was pushed open and I saw a tall guy with red eyes, obviously high.

"Ay, we're weighing up Vincent. We need you-"

"Get the hell out of here ghost!" Kody yelled, pulling me behind him. "Don't barge into my fucking room."

Ghost stared at him in confusion before turning to me. I immediately cast my eyes down in embarrassment.

"My bad Cap." He said slowly with a knowing smirk.

I fiddled with the ends of my hair as Kody slammed the door shut again, flipping the lock.

"Talk, Ezra."

This was worst case scenario. He was already mad and annoyed and there was a very public party going on five feet away. But it was now or never and I owed it to my baby.

"I... I didn't get my period." I said in a low voice. My eyes were clenched and my voice was low.

"What?" He asked, moving his face closer to mine.

"I was late and then I was sick so I thought... so I took the test and it said that I was but I didn't think that I could be, so then-"

"Ezra, What the fuck are you talking about?"

But he knew. I could tell he understood exactly what I was rambling about by his features. He just didn't want to believe it.

"Fuck." I groaned when I felt hot tears falling down my face. I was always crying. That needed to stop. "I'm pregnant Kody."

It actually was like ripping a bbandaid off.

Because once I said those words it felt like the wound was out in the open, unprotected and bleeding. And then he said four words that set my temper on fire.

"I wore a condom." His face had gone pale, his body stiff.

I laughed sarcastically, wiping my face with the back of my hands. "Oh, did you? Never mind then. I'm not pregnant anymore." What did he expect me to say?

"I didn't get you pregnant, Ezra." He sounded panicked as he ran his hands through his hair. "I definitely didn't get you pregnant."

I shrugged. "It's either you or Jesus."

He glared at me. "This isn't a fucking joke."

It wasn't.

"I can't be a dad Ezra. I'm nineteen years old. How the hell am I supposed to take care of a baby?"

I pursed my lip. I couldn't answer that question.

"My dad is going to literally murder me. I mean that. He's going to stab me or something. He's going to take our biggest kitchen knife and just fucking stab me."

"Calm down." I said. Tears were still falling down my face for some reason.

"I can't calm down when I'm-" He cut himself off. "I think I'm having a panic attack."

Since I had experienced my own panic attack, I let him have his.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Sit down Ezra. Let me think."

I sat because I thought he needed me to.

He sat next to me, placing his head in his hands. I could hear him taking deep breaths, trying to calm himself down.

"You're sure?" He said in a low voice, the music of the party becoming a low hum.

I nodded. "I went to the hospital."

After another bout of silence I cleared my throat. "I didn't do this on purpose Kody." I said quietly.

He chuckled dryly. "Fucking obviously, Lewis."

That relaxed me. So much that I didn't know when to shut up, I kept going. "I'll take care of it, Kody. I don't expect you to..."

I trailed off because I was lying. I expected him to care about this baby as much as I would. I expected him to provide for it and love it and protect it as much as I would. I couldn't lie and say that I didn't. I couldn't pretend that it wouldn't break my heart if he said he wanted nothing to do with our child.

His eyes darkened. "Take care of it?"

It sounded bad. "No I don't mean-"

"You want to get rid of my kid?" He was standing now his voice calm and dangerous.

"No I-"

He physically relaxed at my words. "I'll figure it out Ezra. We'll figure it out. Just don't..."

I nodded my head. There was nothing he could say that would make me want to have an abortion, if he wasn't interested in raising this kid then I would do it on my own.

Period.