Chapter Five

Ever wonder how many shots it took to fully inebriate Kody Vincent?

Nine. Nine small shots of amber liquid and he was a whole different person. He let down his walls and said whatever was on his mind.

I wish someone would have told me that.

"Listen, Lewis, the sex was great. I'll admit it. But this whole drama thing you're doing is exactly what we said we wouldn't do."

I placed my hands over my face. I wasn't really embarrassed considering everybody was kind of drunk and most likely no one would remember this in the morning. However, I was annoyed. Kody had been basically monologuing for the past ten minutes and it didn't seem like he was planning on stopping anytime soon.

"I'm not making any drama Kody. Why don't you drink your water?" I had made myself his honorary caretaker. Mostly because I wanted to pay him back for helping me when I was plastered. However, I had noticed that since his third drink, girls had been coming up to him, being a bit more friendly than they were when he was completely sober.

I didn't want him to do anything he would regret later.

"Then tell me why you stormed out of my apartment today?" He pushed his hair out of his face, pouting when it simply flopped back into his eyes. "You know I had to explain that to my friends right?"

I shrugged. I figured his friends were going to say something when I walked past the crowd of boys in the parking lot of Kody's complex. I didn't care.

"Friends?" I asked, because he was drunk and if there was ever a time for me to figure out what was really going on with this whole 'gang' situation it was now.

He laughed throwing his arm over my shoulders and I caught the envious stares of a couple of girls that lingered around us.

"Friends, Lewis. That's all you need to know."

So he wasn't as drunk as I thought.

"Why don't you tell me something Ezzie. I've been thinking about it for a while."

I frowned at the nickname and the abrupt change of topic.

"Why were you so upset that day in the bar?"

The frown stayed on my face.

"Why don't you drink your water?" I asked again, pushing the glass towards him. Instead of looking him in the eyes, I turned my attention to Macy. She was going to be embarassed in the morning when everyone had footage of her doing Whitney Houston impressions. Still, drunk Karaoke was always a fond memory. I let her have her fun.

"Guess we both have our secrets." He said squeezing my shoulders before pushing himself away from the bar.

"Where are you going?" I asked pushing myself up as well.

"Bathroom, ma. You want to hold my dick while I pee?" He said it in a good natured tone so I didn't take offense. Instead I waved him off when i saw the frantic man making his way through the bar.

I quickly scrambled in between a dancing group, intercepting him before he could reach his target. "Hey, Jamie. How you doing buddy?"

He frowned down at me, simply grabbing my arm and pulling towards the stage where Macy was currently belting out the lyrics to 'Hero' .

"She's not supposed to be drinking Ezra. You're supposed to be a better influence on her."

I smiled. "I'm not even drunk, see?" I did a quick spin, dislodging myself from his grasp. "Sober as a priest."

He was not amused. "We were supposed to have date night. But no. Instead I get a text that my girlfriend is performing and tickets are selling out fast."

I laughed. "Who sent you that text?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Macy. "

I laughed again. "Well, she is good."

And she was. Macy had a beautiful voice and even though she was drunk and she slurred some of the words she still sounded better than most of the other people who had took a shot at the mic.

He smiled. "She actually is. Even drunk, wow I-"

"Lewis!? Hey! Where'd she go dude?!" Jamie was interrupted by Kody's loud panicked yelling. "The girl I was talking with, what do you mean who? Ezra Lewis? You know who the fuck I'm talking about!"

I quickly handed Jamie Macy's keys. "Hey, can you take her h-"

"Yeah yeah." He interrupted me, staring at the commotion that Kody was causing. "Why is Kody Vincent looking for you?"

I tapped my ear, signalling that I couldn't hear him as I retreated to towards the back of the club where Kody was. Great. This is just what I needed.

"Kody." I hissed once I was near him. I didn't miss all of the eyes shift over to me. People were just looking for something to talk about.

"Fuck. Ezra, where the hell were you?"

I didn't answer instead I grabbed his hand pulling him towards the exit. His house was in walking distance, so that was what we were going to do. I could walk back to the club and get a ride from Jamie if I was quick about it.

"I'm sorry, Lewis." Kody said when we began the ten minute walk to his house. He had his arm draped over me and his chin rested in the crook of my neck and I ignored the way it made me feel because I was well on my path of making good decisions.

"For what?" I asked after a minute of silence realizing he wasn't going to continue.

"Getting drunk. Embarrassing you. Being an asshole."

I chuckled. "Let's not do this Vincent. I'm just going to get you home, and when you're sober I really do need to talk to you."

He nodded his head slowly, tickling my neck.

"Hey, Ezra?" He said softly.

I raised a brow. He rarely called me My actual name. "Yeah?"

"What's your middle name."

I pursed my lips. "Why do you wanna know?"

He lifted his head, straightening up. "I've been thinking-"

He was cut off by the loud sound of a police siren piercing through the night.

The cruiser pulled up next to us and the officer rolled the window down leaning across the passenger seat.

"You kids look a little young to be publicly inebriated. Do I need to take you guys in?"

He looked young. If he hadn't had the cruiser I would have thought he was only impersonating an officer. Instead my mouth went dry.

I couldn't get arrested, I was on scholarship.

I opened my mouth to come up with some sort of lie but Kody was already laughing walking up to the car.

"Damn Westbrook. Almost gave me a heart attack."

He actually pulled open the door to the cruiser sticking his head inside.

"Need a ride Cap?"The officer said, stepping out of the car.

Kody seemed to find this hilarious. "You got the whole cop voice down, Killer. You've been practicing?"

The man just laughed pulling open the backseat door.

"I'll-ah, give you a lift too." He said awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

I sent him a smile. He was cute and the police uniform only heightened his hotness. "Thanks but I'm actually gonna just go back and catch a ride with-"

"Get in the car, Lewis. Sin will turn the sirens on and give us a show."

I turned to Sin. He shook his head letting me know that he would not do that.

"Fine. But I'm not going to his house." I said to Sin. "I live at Zeta Phi."

Sin simply nodded starting the car.

Not even ten seconds later, the sirens started.