Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Warning: this is very cute. Approach with caution ⚠️

Your PoV

"Why do you have to leave tomorrow! It's so soon" I say as George drives into the driveway of my house.

"I don't wanna leave you."

"I don't want you to leave but this is what you love"

We get out of the car head an inside. No ones home so we take loads of food and a blanket and go up to my room. George had built a den in there for us to stay in for the last few weeks. Our place. So we go into the den, turn on the TV and our Spotify playlist on while we lay the food out around the den. We cuddle up in our "cuddle corner".

I'm really lucky to say I have a room where I can fit a den as well as my bed outside and a TV which is now in the den. My room bends round a corner and there are window looking out to our big garden. In the walls that meet to make the corner inside the room are two doors that lead to the ensuite bathroom and my walk in wardrobe which makes the whole room a perfect square.

(A/n imagine having this kind of room. that would be SO SICK)

I lie down with George next to me. He puts an arm around me and I lean in my side and put a hand in his strong chest. We're both wearing baggy clothes but I can feel his muscles through the thick fabric of his hoodie. I take my other hand and run it through his hair and he holds me to him with both hands.

"If I could stay like this with you forever I would, y/n"

"I know. But it would hurt me. I wouldn't get to see you do what you love."

I look up into his deep blue eyes, trying not to get lost but failing miserably as always. He brings his mouth closer to mine and brushes my lips softly against mine

"I'm gonna love you" he sings softly along with Meghan Trainor the TV "like I'm gonna lose you"

I join him "and I'm gonna hold you like I'm saying good bye."

He gets me up as he sings the next line and dances with me. Its really cringey but weve come to accept cringe as a regular part of our relationship

"Wherever were standing. I won't take you for granted."

He spins me around and we hold hands and move to the music.

"Cause we'll never know when. When we'll run out of time"

We continue to dance through the rest of the song and he holds me to him as it ends and sings the last line as almost a whisper, our faces inches apart. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me passionately.

The song changes and we take some food and sit down on the cushions to eat it. The moment is over as soon as it started. Thats how we do things. We do cringey and then pretend it never happened

We take each other's bowls, feeding each other and laughing like maniacs when we spill food because even though the stain will never come out and my mum will kill me we're with each over and that's all that counts.

That one night is one I will never forget for my whole life. We leave our phones on our beds on the other side of my room and listen to music and just be present with each other.

"George! It's 4am! We got home at 11 so we've been messing around for 5 hours."

"Are your parents not home yet?"

"They're out till the morning babe"

"Oh. Then why are you worried?"

"Your starts tomorrow. You need to sleep lovely."

"We don't need to dream to be wide awake when every day is ecstasy." He sings the lyrics to All We Have Is Love softly a Capella. The music was turned off a while ago. See. Cringey

"Yes Yes. But you need to sleep."

"Alright. But can we sleep in the den?"

"Ok!"

So I gather all the pillows and blankets and set it up so George and I are close enough to cuddle but enough space to move around at night.

Once we settle down we have a final goodbye chat.

"Are you gonna leave before I'm up?"

"I'm leaving at 12. Do you want me to wake you up because I'm sure you'll still want sleep.

"Just kiss me and tell me you miss me and I'll see you in a week at the London show."

He kisses me "I miss you. I'll do it as many times as you want. I'll miss you so much"

"I'll miss you too. But headlining a UK tour is your dream. You've got rehearsals for a bit and then I'll see you perform and then two weeks of shows and you're back with me. Then I'm with you for the Vamps tour and Shepherds Bush too. I love you and I am SO proud of you. I may not have been your girlfriend for long but we've known each other since we were kids. You want this more than anything and I'm so proud of you. Little bowling ball haircut George to George who still doesn't do his hair properly is a big jump. Your confidence has increased. And talent- if that's possible. I'll see you in two weeks" 

"Till next time."

"Till next time"

____________

Of course I'm awake when he leaves. But I play asleep and let him do his ritual.

He kisses my forehead takes my hands in his kisses them and whispers to me "I'll miss you. More than you'll ever know. What you said last night... I'll never forget it. This is my dream and you're with me every step of the way. From now on you're coming with me on all the tours. I don't want to miss you like I will these next few weeks. I love you more that you'll ever know"

"I love you too George" I think to myself. "More than you'll ever know"