Run and Hide

Your PoV

"Y/n! I swear to god you can't tell anyone! If anyone finds out you like him, you're literally going to get bullied!" Alisha tells me

"What?!"

"No one these days goes round to their crushes and tells them anything. That's why flings and summer loves are so popular."

"Then what the hell am i supposed to do? "Fling" with George?"

"Um... yes."

We're both silent. She looks up at me from her phone.

"Y/n... You weren't planning on having a long term relationship with him? Were you?"

"I mean I really really like him-"

"No!! You're making a mistake"

"What the fuck? What about real love and forever and all the things we dream about when we're kids?"

"Newsflash: you're a teenager, that shit doesn't happen. And don't you go fantasising and dreaming about it."

"So what am I expected to do with my feelings? Run because they'll never come true? Hide because they'll come bite me in the arse me like some dog?"

"When you can't hide, run. When you can't run, hide." 

"This is so fucked up. G and I have actually been talking for ages."

"About how much he wants to get into your pants"

"About life. Feelings. What we wanna do with our lives, what we want our forevers to be."

"Forever doesn't exist"

 ***********************************************************************************************

"Thank you for tonight, G. It's been the most real fun I've had in absolutely ages." I say as we walk out of the diner and head towards the street we both live on, only a five minute walk away.

"No problem. I agree. What happens to nights like these when you hit late-teens? Real fun and real laughter. It all becomes about which girl can you get for the night, how many girls have you gone all the way with? Our society is fucked up"

I laugh, "It is. We lose the feeling of gazing into someone's eyes and falling in love, we replace it with staring at a phone screen" 

His hand brushes against mine. But it's not awkward. He grabs it laces his fingers in mine. "We replace this. Holding hand in hand, and we hold everything back."

We stop against a brick wall in a random alley, I lean against it and he holds our hands to his heart, getting closer and closer to me. I smile and he does too. I place my hand on his side and pulls me from against the wall so our noses brush. We move towards each other in sync, our lips connecting perfectly. 

Is this love? Something I'm willing to fight for, a loaded gun I'll hold? The world spinning faster as his lips move against mine? My heart racing a million times faster...

As he pulls away he wraps his arms around me and pulls me in to him. He smells like cinnamon and coffee. But not in a disgusting way. In the cheesiest, romantic way you could ever describe it. The moment is perfect. 

Alisha's words run through my head.

"When you can't hide, run. When you can't run, hide." 

I pull away from him. 'Um... I'm sorry. That was wrong. That wasn't-"

"Wasn't what you were supposed to do? Because someone told you one day that you shouldn't feel, should run, hide from your feelings." he says, his expression unreadable.

"Shit. I'm sorry. That's what we were just talking about... I'm sorry, tha-''

"It's ok, y/n. It's not your fault at all." He smiles at me. Why the fuck did I say that  "I was talking to Reece and Blake before this date and they were saying the same things we were just now. They're both in long-term relationships and they were saying that its so fucked up how people think about love. It's ridiculous. Come with me." 

He takes my hand again and leads me out of the alleyway. "I'm still so sorry, G. I hate this."

"It's ok. When we were talking about all of this earlier, I knew you had the right head on your shoulders. You think right, and it's not your fault that your societal instincts had to take over that."

"Thank you." 

We're on our street now. 

"G?" I ask

"Mhm."

He turns to me. I put my hands on his waist and he wraps his behind me. I lean up and lock his lips on mine, no second thoughts, finishing what we started. I pull away and we smile at each other. I take his hands in mine. "This is our second date, but already I know something. It scares me slightly but I'm going to say it. We've been told its wrong but that shit. My heart tells me something and you need to know. I-I...I love you, George." My eyes well up as his did and he pulls me in. 

"Y/n. I love you too. I really do."

We just stay still and in silence, in each other's arms. 

Fuck this society and its fucked up mentalities. It's ridiculous to say that I know now, but I do. I love him

________________________________________________________________________________

a/n im sorry about how shit that was skskkssk

first new chapter since the books separated!! 

I wrote most of this in a really good mentality, I was feeling productive and smashed out hundreds of words in about 20 minutes. and then I had to go out and the spark went so there's a weird awkward break where I couldn't finish earlier and had to go back to so its second rate

hope it don't stink too much

Love you all lots

~~~~ Rhi