"You totally did."

The rest of the day flies by in a blur. My mind is on anything but schoolwork, and I'm sure that some of my teachers probably noticed my disembodied state. If they did however, they didn't comment on it.

Now, I'm sitting on my bed, attempting to study for a biology pop quiz I have next week.

You're probably wondering how I know about it, since it is a pop quiz. Well, I have this knack for guessing when our teacher feels devious, and I bribe them into telling me.

I dedicate one day of each week to grading papers for every one of my teachers. In return, they tell me in advance about any upcoming quizzes and assignments, so that I can get a head start and prepare. It really is a great system.

I'm still mad that I am going to have detention all next week, but tomorrow is Friday so it doesn't put a huge damper on my semi-good mood.

But the knock on my front door does. I quickly but carefully toss my book off of me and rush down the stairs, nearly tripping as I do so.

Catching a glimpse of my dismantled state in the mirror on my living room wall, I quickly flatten down the nest on top of my head and straighten out my clothes.

I cautiously walk to the front door, and just realize that this might be a dangerous situation.

No one else is home, and I was definitely not expecting any company. It could be Alyssa, but she said she'd be stuck at home because her parents wanted to have a family game night.

Although, she did say that she would try to get out of it, and she can be very persuasive at times. But if it isn't her-

The pounding on my door begins again, putting an end to my contemplation on the potential knocker.

I try to act nonchalant -and not totally terrified- as I open the door, and am met with a very broad chest.

Sliding my eyes up the brooding figure, my eyes are greeted by an impatient Nick.

"Could you have taken any longer?"

Without any further question, he barges past me and walks to my living room.

"Uh, excuse me!" I shut my door quickly and rush after him.

"What on earth are you doing here? You can't just come in like that- uninvited, might I add. I mean, do you just lack standard manners or are you so arrogant that you simply don't care?"

I put my hands on my hips and stand in front of him as he lowers himself onto my couch.

The nerve of this guy!

"A little bit of both. Now would you please stop talking so loud? I have a damn headache."

I instantly close my mouth, and feel the need to apologize.

Why on earth would you apologize to him? He is being a total douche and thinks he can just act however he wants.

My subconscious scolds me, and I keep my mouth shut as I think about what I should say.

After a few moments of silence, I decide to repeat my original question.

"Why are you here Nick?"

"Don't act like you aren't flattered that I'm here." He smirks so wide that I fear his face will split in two.

And if the smirk doesn't do it, then I most definitely will.

"Excuse me?" I glare at him harshly, hoping that the invisible lasers will penetrate his brain and possibly give him some common courtesy.